Man Am I Screwed - Stringy Pete and that Sword

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Dthind, Sep 16, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dthind

Dthind New Member

I had at one point in the game that bangellian (sp) sword, but I sold it somewhere, not sure where. Now I need it for the stringy pete quest and I cant find it. Damn... Damn... Damn.

And it will take a month to steal 40,000 more gp to buy the boat.

2. Dakun

Dakun New Member

if your evil

really if you don't care... and used the gypsies a lot... they got like 20-30k (30,000) gold on them at a time... so kill them ... it isn't good if you use them alot, but kill the one outside ashbury or somewhere where you don't uses it.. or shrouded hills if you don't intend to go back... i still suggest leaving the tarant one alive thou, i stop their alot.

3. Dthind

Dthind New Member

I ended up passing on the adventure to Thanatos for a while until I could add a few levels to up my pick pocket skill. I have been on a stealing binge since.

I ended up either selling the sword to a gypsy or dumping it in a garbage can until I needed it (Bad Move). I have checked all of the gypsies, none seem to have it, and I have checked quite a few garbage cans to no avail.

Oh Well, a Pick Pocketing I Will Go.

Either that or I will have a Telethon for Morons (me being the poster child of the day)

4. Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba New Member

Sword should still be around...

Items like the sword, that are used in quests, should remain wherever you put them. In this case, the problem is trying to figure out where you left it. :smile: Good luck.

5. Three_Man

Three_Man New Member

Pete's boat?

How do you operate Pets's boat once you get it?

6. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

you click on the starboard(or whatever) and go to ashbury since from their only that option works from ash you cna go anywhere ya want

7. Fredia

Fredia New Member

Can't find Teach!

Ok, I went back into Ashbury to find Teach so that I can pay off his debts or go to Stringy Pete. However, Capt. Teach isn't on his boat. Where do I need to look for him? Thanks for any help.

Fredia

8. Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba New Member

Teach...

He'll be drowning his sorrows in the pub. Just check out the local drinking establishments and you should run into him.

9. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

you need to be good in gambling if not you wont be able to do zip to aid teach

10. Fredia

Fredia New Member

Can't find Teach

I looked for Teach in the bar at Ashbury, but I didn't find him. I've looked on my map, and I don't see any other bars.

Fredia

11. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

he is in a bar in blackroot. the one near captain quarters. I think you find dante there aswell.

12. Fredia

Fredia New Member

Stringy Pete???

Here's my newest problem: I found Teach, thanks for the help, but now when I dig up the treasure for the Williamsons' and try and give it to her, for some reason she will not take it. I found a silver buckle and the treasure chest in the hole. Did I miss something? I went back to talk with Pete, but got so mad that I killed him and his cronies. I didn't save the game so there isn't any real damage done.

Thanks,

Fredia

13. BlueDEvil

BlueDEvil New Member

Found Teach, but where is Killian Drake????

14. Rojo

Rojo New Member

hmm

just make sure you have the buckle and the treasure chest in your inventory (not in a NPC's) and that you heard pete's full story about it.

I don't think that persuasion comes into play here...

What dialogue options do you have?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rojo on 2001-09-27 21:17 ]</font>

15. Fredia

Fredia New Member

Stringy Pete

I had both the chest and the buckle in my character's inventory, but she still wouldn't take it. I'd spoken with Pete and he'd given me the run down on everything. My dialog is just something like: "What are you doing out here?" Then I have to listen to her talk about Stringy Pete and being poor. No other dialog options appear. Besides, I'm max on persuasion, and I've done the other two quests but the dumb woman will not take her treasure back. Maybe I'll kill her like I killed Pete.

Thanks,

Fredia

Our Host!