Embassy Burning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xz, Feb 4, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Way do you jinxed of Embassy-Burning/Bombing etc?

1. It's fucked.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Only Savage do it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I support it. (I am a moron, who has absolutely no respect for "Freedom of Speech")

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't care, (I'm going yo go jump off a bridge now.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

No, you're close, but it's actually because they're all fans of Gigi!

2. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

This embassy burning-crap just cost the Danes 6 lives this morning. Heard it on the news.
    If EU, or perhaps NATO, goes to war with these stupid middle-easterners (because killing diplomats are considered quite much as a decleration of war) I hope that Sweden won't be late to answer the call and waste the motherfuckers. No innocents, of course. Just every goddamn person who stands in our way.

One of those people killed in these raids were family to me. I'll never forget this.

3. Scaramouche

Scaramouche New Member

You should write to the president of whatever country he died in, and complain. Most of them have contract options on their websites.

4. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

What makes you think that? We left Afghanistan pretty quick.

As for the cartoons, I can see it from both sides. For starters, the "Freedom of Speech" crud being spouted is just that, crud. I've never seen a newspaper have "FUCK!" as their front page title, probably because it's against certain cultural customs and in fact against certain media restrictions too. I also don't see pictures of Jesus titled "The Second Cumming" or in other offensive to Christian positions being shown in any newspapers. The issue here is not so much that Muhammed was depicted but rather that he was depicted in such a "All Muslims are violent" way.

On the other hand, it is pretty ironic that in response to a bunch of cartoons claiming them to be overly violent people, Muslims around the world prove that they are overly violent people.

5. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Tell that to my buddies that are still in Afghanistan. They'd probably have a good laugh. They just don't get as much publicity over there because all the reporters are in Iraq, so the American people assume, "Oh, we must be done in Afghanistan." It's really for the best though, because now they don't have stupid journalists watching their every move and trying to make them look like the bad guy, so now they can do their job more effectively.

6. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Since European open than can of worm by saying there is than total freedom of expression that allow then to print picture of the founder of Islam. Than Muslim own newpaper today print than picture of Hilter in bed with Ann Frank 8 of 9 year old jewish girl. With Hilter say to her"Annie you can write this in your diarty"

I donnot instendf to insult the jewish people but the European government
    cannot do anything about this without make themself look like hypercritity who say do what I tell you but donot follow they own advive.

7. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Than Pakistian told Bush that one more attack by our force across they border Pakistan will fire one of they misile with than nuclear warhead at one of our base there.

The Russia are manufacting now than new tpye of ICBM and IRBM that donot follow than ballast path anymore. It is fully rocket power thought it flight with the abilities to change it flight path and direction. Which mean all of our hundred's of billion dollar's went down the toil, Pakistan is working on the same type of missile system.

8. Scaramouche

Scaramouche New Member

Apparently there are limits to free speech:
    So free speech is good, until you say something they don't like in any particular country. Or something like that.

9. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

How many people where kill durning wwII by bombing of cities. That life and what are going to do about it. The police try to stop the people but where unable to. And that government said they where sorry it happen.

10. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I know there are still troops in Afghanistan but how's the army training going? Especially given (from what I understand) that most of the warlords are pretty much back in control and Poppies are in season again (Whatever happened to that other war, the one on drugs?). Unless of course that's all part of the "army training program"?

Troops are being pulled out, it has a higher population than Iraq, it's almost twice the size of Iraq and there are still many bomb attacks that are occuring there on a fairly regular basis. The only difference is the warlords are keeping the country stable. Effectively, Afghanistan has gone back to what it was before the Taliban were ousted, with local warlords in control of their own patches.

My comment above is more along the lines that we have left Afghanistan by leaving it pretty much to its own devices, rather than "we've physically pulled all our troops out".

Of course, whether that's a bad thing or not is another question but I'm playing on the fact that what the American Administration say and what the American Administration does and is actually capable of achieveing, are usually vastly different things.

The real question is what kind of "presence" is going to be left behind and is it going to really be effective enough to get the job done, given the difficulties the administration is having even with the vast number of troops that are still in Iraq at the moment.

11. Scaramouche

Scaramouche New Member

More nutters burning things:

12. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

completely off-topic:

Baptists are the fattest Christians.

13. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Charles, why don't you go somewhere else with your petty english and your fucking views? I don't need fuckheads like you hanging over me about goddamn WWII when my goddamn uncle has died because of stupid muslims who tend to like violence. Those fucking bastards can all go to hell.
    And this is not goddamn WWII, this is a completely different crisis. These muslims can't take that people may have different views than them, and therefore they're not better than the nazis. We in Sweden wouldn't attack Muslim buildings or individuals if a muslim newspaper drew a picture of Jesus doing something stupid; we'd just shake our head and turn the next page.

That's why I'm so goddamn frustrated.

14. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

15. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

that is so wrong on so many levels... and yet, i don't feel the need to go kill anybody over it. interesting.

16. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Of the people actually contributing to this little argument, I think DU is the only not acting like a fucking idiot right now.

And Rosie, you have so definately been sigged.

17. RayCide

RayCide New Member

Well, technically it wasn´t newspapers, but a museum of art here in Sweden had an exhibit called Ecce Homo, where Jesus was shown to be gay. This inflamed several christians. No one rioted though.

18. Scaramouche

Scaramouche New Member

Thta's pretty f*cked up.

19. Scaramouche

Scaramouche New Member

Printing cartoons you know will only upset people is stupid. It's like putting pictures of NAZIs having fun killing Jews all over the place, making a joke of it all. The only purpose is to upset people. You'd have to be a complete wanker to do it.

Having said that, you'd also have to be a complete wanker to have a riot about it and burn down embassies. I suspect (and many Muslim leaders have said this also) it's a handful of radical idiots hijacking moral outrage to achieve political objectives. Remember, there aer 1.3 billion Muslims in the world. Only a very small number of them are even attending these rallies, and even among those, only a very small number are being violent.

Is this something to do with Islam, or with all religions? Well, there are "pro-life" people murdering doctors in the USA. Catholics killing kids in "exorcisms" now and then. More than 6,000 Muslims were slaughtered by Christians in Srebrenica. But it's not even restricted to religious nuts. In Kenya a little while back, one tribe's men went into the next tribe's territory and massacred 66 innocent people, 22 of them small children; they hacked them apart with machetes.

20. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

and that couldn't fit into one post, why?

Our Host!