I'm your daddy!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Dec 11, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I've been nervous all day. I swear, if someone would had ripped open my belly this morning he would had suffocated in a swarm of angsty butterflies.

Cold sweat has covered my body, and created small pools on those places I'd upheld myself long enough.

Trembling with anxiety, I stepped on the bus, even though I knew I might not come back.

I valiantly entered the dojo. This was the famed point of no return. Lesser men would had panicked and possibly died, but through a superhuman effort of will I sat down in seiza in front of the Sensei. He declared with a voice like falling gravestones that this was the day we would graduate. From the outside, the torment of a thousand spirits could be heard. This was It.

I must have misunderstood the prophecy, for we began with a warm-up session and went through some new techniques before what was to come. I felt insanity creeping on me, but miracolously resisted.

So rang the bells of doom. We ungraduated, four in number, were to show the almighty Sensei that we had learned the ancient wisdom.

We stood up. It now began. My mind entered darkness. It felt like I saw it all happen through a thick layer of candyfloss.

My heart rushed. My skin crept. My brain sunk through my spine and took cover among the butterflies in my stomach. My blood desperately tried to find a way out. My hair sparkled with electricity. I was barely conscious when I heard the magic words uttered and had a diploma tucked in my hands.

I had passed.

I PASSED! YOUR FAVOURITE LITTLE DARK ELF IS NOW A 6TH KYU AIKIDOKA! I'M SO YOUR DADDY!

Anyway... what about you guys? I know nobodie does Karate, labyrinthian is (or at least was) a fellow Aikidoka, Jarinor had plans for starting Muay Thai... how about the rest of you? And what are your grades? I'm just being curious here. :)

2. Gambit

Gambit New Member

Menkyo okuden, 3 rd rank in a classical japanese budo system, my "art" is kenjutsu.

But still, I have to wait a atleast three more years, then I can try to get the final rank.

3. Icairus

Icairus New Member

DE, for you Aikidokas, do you want a smaller number of Kyu, and then go to Dan, where it increases?

4. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

I have an orange belt in Washin-Ryu Karate, a school of Shotokan based in my area. But my actual fighting style is an amalgam of many other styles, including but not limited to, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Leopard Kung Fu, Ju-Jitsu, and Judo. I haven't had formal training (not by a registered master in a school) in any of these, but I've learned a good bit of all of them from freinds who have been formally trained. When I have the money, I plan to move to New York or Long Island for a few years, to be with my freinds in the area and to learn as much martial arts as possible. My area is bereft of anything but the aforementioned Washin-Ryu and a few Tae Kwon Do schools.

5. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I'm not a nerd, and I have a life, and I have especially violent tendencies.

I win.

6. Icairus

Icairus New Member

You are such a nerd. You cannot possibly be a visitor of T-A without being a certifiable nerd.

And how are any of those things good?

7. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

If you just don't get it, then you just don't get it.

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Exactly. As in every Japanese art, I might add. :)

I'd like to crosstrain in another art later on (probably karate), but I want to feel really familliar in aikido before I do that. I'd at least wait until 3rd kyu (at which I'm allowed to wear hakamas, yahoo!)

9. chuft

chuft New Member

I practiced my own "martial art" yesterday with a friend of mine at the shooting range, using my Glock full-size .40 caliber semiautomatic handgun to test out my four new post-ban 15-round magazines, and also using my AR-15 assault rifle to practice firing over iron sights (rather than using the scope). Much fun and loud noise was experienced by all.

10. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Is that not just a fancy way of saying: "ehh i dunno but it sounded cool"?

Congrats dark elf, but my daddy is most definetly not swedish. so how is your battlecry?

11. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

No its a way of saying, "If you don't know why you're all nerds, then you never will."

Chuft's example is nice as well.

12. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

13. Icairus

Icairus New Member

I'm about 3rd Kyu, some days more like 4th Kyu in something... the first person to guess what, I stop stealing the bricks fromt their house one by one*

14. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Yellow belt in Judo, i didn't pay much attention so i have no idea what grade that is.

Our Host!