GO AWAY!!!!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Deathsangel, Oct 11, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Deathsangel

Deathsangel New Member

Okay I got a bit of a problem. This is the second time I'm playing through the game. This time I am instead of a Dwarven Technologist, a Human Wizard.

However, I am stuck! Why you ask? Well, I can't tell my familiar to wait. I have mastered the summoning art and I have a Blood Claw (Master Melee hehehe). I can ask him to stay close, back away etc. But I can't ask him to wait. I need this because at this moment I am not allowed to fit in the pit on the Isle of Despair. How do I this?

One sollution I tried is to let let Geoffrey, Virgil and Torian wait (Yes I'm also evil this time) and kill my familiar through disintergrate a few miles back. But knowone wants to join me then (-1000 as reaction), what am I to do?

2. a1021

a1021 New Member

Dont just make them wait, but tell them to leave (they wont get away instantly) then you have to go further away so that you cant even see your follower when you scroll as far as you can in their direction. then you can kill the familiar. if the followers are not far enough away they will see you and hate you for killing another follower.
    Also there is no other way than killing it to get rid of a familiar.

3. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

You don't have to have a familiar wait to enter the Pit on the Isle of Despair. A familiar is not considered a follower like the rest of them, so the game will not object. I thought I would have trouble with this too, but I was able to enter the Pit with no trouble with my familiar.

There IS another way to get rid of a familiar. Just use Dispel Magic on it. If you do that, no one will get upset. You can buy a scroll for that at one of the Dark Magic shops if you have the InvenSource Hack or my Ship's Cabin Hack installed.

4. Deathsangel

Deathsangel New Member

Sorry, but I am already there (on IoD so no magic shops). And he is considered something that I may not have with me in the pit. If I want to enter after I said wait to everyone. I may not enter. I reckon it is the familiar.

5. toller

toller New Member

This may be a repeat but to get them to wait just click on them and select the last option and then wait. But if you can't talk to them just hold down the Alt key and beat their brains out. You don't have to take it if they're mad at you and their death will free you to enter the pit.

To update an answer from sinbad to end any spell just click on the running spell at the top of the screen and the familar or other spell will quit.

Spoiler

Some NPC need some gift if talking won't work. Like Magnus wants Dwarven snuff. Raven like evel spring water. The message the NPC gives you will indicate what they want. If they say tea it means earl grey tea. Look into any general store for items needed to placate NPC.

6. Deathsangel

Deathsangel New Member

Never had them asking me something and I am patched for someone is asking

7. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

All I can do is repeat what I said earlier. I have played the Pit on the Isle of Despair many times and I've never been asked to wait because of a familiar.

Did you talk to Ogdin Big Fists? What exactly does Gorrin tell you? If he does indeed recognize your familiar as a follower, it must be because of its level - mine were never that high at that point in the game.

If that is that case, then you have two options. One - find another way to deal with the island without fighting in the Pit, which IS possible. Two - Go back to the boat and return to the mainland and get a scroll of Disperse Magic then return to the Isle of Despair and pick up where you left off after you get rid of your familiar. If you want another familiar and don't have that spell, pick up a Familiar scroll while your in the magic shop.

There is one other way around this. Reload an older saved game and get a scroll before going to the Isle.

I hope this helps.

8. toller

toller New Member

The message comes up when you try and talk to them. They don't ask for anything except for magnus muttering.

Payne likes Earl Grey tea
    Gar likes Earl Grey tea
    Tarrelond-Ashe likes Chateau de Be'ron brandy.
    Styles likes sweet cakes
    Magnus likes Dwarven snuff
    Smythe likes Earl Grey tea
    Raven likes Eleven spring water
    Sebastian likes wine
    Mugg likes wine
    Underhill likes absinthe
    Virgil like talk
    Vollinger likes absinthe
    Al'urin like Elven spring water
    All other NPC want nothing may stay or leave.

9. Deathsangel

Deathsangel New Member

I used disperse magic. I can cast that one out of myself. I forgot I could sorry

Our Host!