using magickal weapons

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by redstarr513, Sep 9, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. redstarr513

redstarr513 New Member

hi im a level 33 dark elf mage and i have magical aptitude of about 95. i have a lot of strong magic weapons but ive noticed some of them, when i equip them, make a little magick icon appear on the left side of my item bar. i click it and it shows a blank box with some slots. i cant drag spells and since ive lost my manual i was wondering what this was/what it was for. any help is appreciated. thanks.

2. Shadowbird

Shadowbird New Member

I think it is a glitch. Normally, if a magic weapon has any magic in it (like the Stillwater blade), you would see it there and could use it. Some weapons are enchanted/magical, and are supposed to have spells in them, but they just don't. So you get empty spell slots. I think it's because they either forgot to code the game so that this menu would not show up if there were no magics, or just didn't put them in the weapons that were supposed to have them, for some reason.

3. Womble

Womble New Member

There is a couple of magick items with this glitch. Hexed dagger is one, I believe. Try Shadowbird's advice and experiment with the Stillwater blade to learn to use such items.

Our Host!