Buggered CD

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Flexoid, Sep 2, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Flexoid

Flexoid New Member

Hey guys i got a little bit of an issue..my arcanum2.dat file is buggered up on the CD (scratched) is there anywhere i could find that file? (i'm trying to install fresh on my new computer.) hope i don't end up having to go buy the game again cause of one scratch :/ any help is appreciated.

2. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Somebody "American-Pied" your Arcanum CD?

Damm...

3. Shadowbird

Shadowbird New Member

You could try Alcohol 120%. It's a CD image prog, not the best out there, but it has one good feature - Data Position Measurement. I have gotten some of my CDs data off them by using it (at lowest speed - 1x and highest precision).

There's also IsoBuster, which is also supposed to be a CD/DVD image making and data recovery program. I usually try them both - if neither can get the data off, I'm screwed.

4. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Try Shadowbird's methods, they can't hurt.
    Then you can see if you can get that file from someone else.
    I would upload it for you, but at 150 MB, I don't really have online space to keep it in. Maybe someone in the IRC will share it with you.

5. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

If the scratch is not outrageously deep, go buy a SkipDR and use it to polish out the scratch and you'll be good to go. I have one and they will refurbish all but the worst scratches. Just be sure to follow the instructions properly when you use it.

Remember, the plastic on a CD is optical media that supports the actual recording media. The underside of the label is where the data is actually stored.

Our Host!