hooray for catholocism!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sleek_Jeek, Aug 24, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I than makeing good sence as I have not found that quotes yet in the autherity official Koran I than reading written in both English and Arabic.

The Meaning of THE HOLY QUR'AN by ABDULLAH YUSUF ALI. Than moslum
    not than non-moslum who doesnot know the Koran. Koran clearly teach that Man and Woman have different role but they are equall. We have than new convert who join Islam lately who have than unofficial Koran he brought at than BookStore. On Long Island I saw than oxford Jew almost beat his wife dead in public untril the security guards stop him does that mean all jew beat they wife. The samething with any religion with large number of member. In the 5th century than Pope die of than heartattack while haveing sex with than married woman does that mean very pope have sex with than marry woman.

2. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Dude, this is not the action of some isolated Mohammedin. It is a stricture set down by "God" as they like to call the demon Allah, for all Mohammedin savages to follow. Quite a bit different from a sexually active pope.

3. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Sigurd, shut up.

He already said, there are errors made in the translations from the Arabic language to English. You're just being an asshole right now.

4. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Yes I am, just like about fifteen other people were during the Biblical discussion earlier in the summer (just before I stopped posting until now). But, unlike that discussion, I have a very clear and plain quote to back my point up. It's directly from the translation by NJ Dawood, which is supposedly one of the best. But since you are being a bitch about it, here is another translation:
    [4.34] Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.
    This is from The Koran, a translation on the web.

Here's another translation, from here. SHAKIR: Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

Since both translations instructed men to beat their wives, I think we can pretty safely say that it is not a translation problem here. So yes, I'm being an asshole, but not just an asshole.

5. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Read the quote in my sig, now if that makes any sense to you, you're on crack.

6. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I have to yet see or heard of than moslum man in El Paso accure of beating up his wife. I have not hear of than divorce of than moslum family yet. Than Moslum woman isnot without right at all. Moslum woman socializm with each other and with their families. The arabic word use to decide the slap to than woman is one to make the act have no meaning than to make than man look like a fool, the slap must be so gentle that the woman will feel no pain and it must be so soft that it cause no injury at all to her inclureing leaveing any mark on her face.

7. Shadowbird

Shadowbird New Member

And he also said that the Koran from which this was translated is "unofficial", modified one:
    and

8. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

You wouldn't know a fact if it slapped you three times in the face. Especially since that's what I just did. Quotes from THREE different translations of the fucking Koran aren't good enough for you? How the hell can you argue on the side of BHoff when he has no logic and less English knowledge? All he's doing is pulling shit out of his ass while I back my argument up with quotes and facts. I guess some of us just like to stumble through life with our eyes shut and our hands groping, hoping to accidentily grab breasts.

9. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

One word in arabic to be tranlate correctly into english can take alots of word. Than Moslum was haveing touble with his pagon wife than he ask Muhammad for advice on this plus does God allow wife beating than this the answer Allah gave Muhammad to give the man. On the last step you can either place your hand gentle and softly on her chech, or gentle kiss her and then repeat step one. Allah is saying than woman need to know that the man love her too.

10. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

So Allah is saying that she need to know that although she be beating by than man, than man still have loves for than woman.

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Sigurd, there's one thing you and those translators are overlooking with Arabic - the same word can have multiple meanings. You know why they don't have bureaucracies there? It's because whenever you write something in Arabic, you could mean 3 or 4 different things. Actually, that bureaucracy thing is speculation, but the multiple meanings is true.

And I also really haven't seen you prevent any compelling evidence. It'd be like saying I fucked your mum last night, and even though you know she did nothing but watch TV, I point to websites supporting my claim of having fucked her brains out (yeah, I really want to drive that part into your head) that doesn't make it true. Same for you and Charles.

12. Shadowbird

Shadowbird New Member

No, if they're all from ONE WRONG BOOK. Read again:
    And if you start the "hard" evidence debate, then I can say that neither of you both have any. It's one word against the other, since I have not seen nor the real, nor the "fake" Koran. And I tend to believe CharlesBHoff, because he listes to your arguments and answers them, while you just completely ignore (at least in writing) what he says, and just keep repeating the same thing all over again.

13. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Sigurd, I think regardless of neither of you having proof, you're being far more of a dickhead right now. I would think that the only reason you have that quote or started this whole god forsaken debate is just to piss off one person. And since he barely speaks English, and since you didn't expect any back up for him, you thought you could just fuck with him and get away with it. Stop being such a god damn tool you dick.

14. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Oh my God, you guys are fucking idiots. I gave fucking quotes from the fucking Koran, and even from two different websites, and that's not enough? Okay, so you say that you need to see an "actual authorized" version of the Koran, so go get one in your fucking local library. Then come back and talk shit. Why the fuck are you backing up a dumbass towelhead like BHoff anyway? Are you trying to be politically correct, or do you just like it in the asshole?

BHoff is giving no proof at all of his argument, just "than woman not beatene by than man, than man jack off in Allah's eye, than man no beat woman, than woman need be love by man man, etc fucking etc." Then, I bring you actual quotes, and you say that the dickwad has more proof? I guess reason and logic are dead, at least among you liberal hippies

15. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Fuck, that's a whole fucking lot of fucking fucks in one fucking post!

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Sigurd, I don't believe the Bible has been translated correctly. Mankind has a history of royally fucking up a lot of really important things, and translations of holy texts are no different. If you learn to read and write arabic properly, and then you read an original version of the Koran, and you still believe that God intends for a man to smack his wife around a bit, then I'll say that you've got a basis for your opinion. But website translations? Sorry, not going to happen.

Also, telling someone what their religion is really all about is incredibly arrogant and pretentious. It would be like if you told a Jew that when God said circumsise, he meant, chop the dicks of babies off.

17. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Actually, the quote in my sig comes from a fully authorized translation by NJ Dawood, an Arabic man himself. They sell it on Amazon here. I'll get another translation from the university library here and quote it as well.

So is that why you were among the people trying to convince me that the Bible is a crock of shit?

No it wouldn't, because that would be ludicrous and there would be nothing to back it up. Why is everyone on BHoff's side when they were all against me in the "Bible is full of shit" discussion? It was deemed perfectly acceptable for people to jump on my ass just because I linked to The Brick Testament. But for me to actually give evidence that the Koran instructs men to abuse their wives is not acceptable. Why the fuck not? Anyway, here's another translation, this one from the Universtity of Virginia website, here.

"4.34": Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

Still not convinced that they really are calling for wife-beating?

Oh, and thanks for pointing out my overuse of fuck, Dark Elf. Every so often, one needs to do that.

18. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Sigurd first Allah gave His answer in a inpossible two conditson to meet before you can hit her. First the blow must be so gentle that she feel no pain at all, the blow must be so soft that it cause her no injuries or marks on her body. No man can meet those two conditsons so the answer is no man have a right to beat his wife. It you think this quotes give the moslum
    man than total right to beat his wife just go to the local Att General than ask him to arrest very moslum man who is marry on wife abuse charge on the strenght of your arugnment.

First Court of Law unlike book publ take the time to exaime the meaning of any tranlation of any doc from one lang to another. Moslum sholar explain to judges that the conditson to be met to beat your wife are impossible to be met so the quotes in no way encought man to beat their wifes. Plus wife beating is than major crime under Islamic Law than it can carry the death pental if you really did major injury to your wifes. It also one of the ground when the wifes can ask for DIVORCE and it she prove wife beating she win. Plus there are other passdages in the Koran which state clearly that wife-beating isnot allow and is consider by Allah than crime which can be punisher by Him in the afterlife. Many judges take the whole content of the Koran when they make ruleing not just one quotes.

19. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

What would be cool would be if you gave me proof of what you are talking about. Maybe a link, or an legible quote from the Koran.

20. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Read the whole Koran is the only way.

Our Host!