Most enraging bug of all time

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by carmafanatic, Jul 21, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. carmafanatic

carmafanatic New Member

Hi everyone. I just started playing Arcanum and i have a really enragin bug.Whenever I talk to certain people like the Gun Master or Madam Li or the Gambling Master...for some reason they just drop to hatred and start to attack me either at the first thing i say to them or after a few dialogue options.This happens with a few other people as well.They just go into attack mode.I have the patched version of Arcanum and a Heavily edited character using Arcanum Edit 1.8. everything of mine is full and i have maxed everything to 20 and learned all the tech skills and most of the magic ones. Can someone please help me as I love this game next to Fallout as my fav RPG of all time and I so dearly want to beat it. Thank you in advance.

2. Solaris

Solaris New Member

What character are you playing? Certain races (half-orcs, half-ogres) are inherently hated, and people often get mad at them for no reason.

3. carmafanatic

carmafanatic New Member

I'm playing as a human so i see no reason for the sudden hate.Sometimes as soon as i click on a person they go from 150 (love) to -50 hatred and if i continue or end dialog they attack me.

4. Canis

Canis New Member

Are you patched? What's your background? Are you playing evil or otherwise attempting to piss them off?

5. PhoenixUltima

PhoenixUltima New Member

Well, he did say he was patched in his first post, soooo...

As for the problem at hand, my best guess is that when you talk to people it raises their love for you even more (since you're ultra charismatic), and since almost everyone starts out damn high on the love, I'm guessing that talking to them is pushing their love so high that it kind of "flips the scoreboard" and sends it all the way back to 0. Try lowering your BE to something more reasonable (12, say) and see if that fixes things.

6. 5th_horseman

5th_horseman New Member

What background are you playing? Some of them have a "Bad reaction" multiplier. Also what is your orgin? Some NPC's are bigoted , in reguards to some of the Following: size, race, origin, and looks in some cases. Some of the NPC's are a little "VAIN" about their looks and respond badily to PC's with better stats. :lol:

7. carmafanatic

carmafanatic New Member

I have a human with a child of a hero backround...I think what Pheonix says makes sense however there are some people i know that have 200 reaction to me and they still talk to me.I am playing as a very good character btw.

8. carmafanatic

carmafanatic New Member

Thank you UltimaPheonix your suggestion worked finally now i can become master of all thank you ever so much!

9. carmafanatic

carmafanatic New Member

Ohhhhhhhh all is lost I played around with the editor too much and lost my saves...well I will have to play this in a few months again from the beginning when the urge is fresh again thanks again everyone for your help it was much appreciated.

10. Arronax

Arronax New Member

Ive had a worse bug

When me and my sister played arcanum for the first time we managed to get to the point of retriving the vendigroth device and then the game crasehed and we had to start right from the begining :D

11. SilverKing

SilverKing New Member

It could also be that the editor did some *minor* corrupting to your save, because I know that it does that, and so it could've ruined your ability to talk with people. What Pheonix said *does* make sense, but one would think that the Troika staff would've built in something that would stop it from doing that... :\ Oh, and I hope that what happened with the editor taunt you not to mess with your saves in such a way. RPG's are hard for a purpose: to make them challenging and fun. :)

Our Host!