Infinite Major Healing From Sog

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Jo, Sep 22, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jo

Jo New Member

Something I've noticed since I've been handling all fights myself (for the xp) and telling all my followers to back off (so they live long enough to carry the loot).
    I had given Sog a healing staff(20 charges, readily available from most magic shops) to carry and lo and behold, when I got seriously injured, lots of healy type special effects from Sog and I was better, all my scars gone too.
    Sog used no charges from the item, nor did he use any stamina.
    I've since equipped all of my packhorses with healing staffs (they only need to be in inventory, not actually held) and am quite happily soaring up the levels without a care in the world.
    Happy healing everyone.

2. ratster

ratster New Member

Nifty

Nice idea. They probably are using charges though. Its just that unlike other games where items get "used up", items in Arcanum recharge and have their own fatigue.

3. Jo

Jo New Member

Definitely not using charges.

When I used the item it went from 20 to 19 charges and it has stayed at 19 charges ever since.

Sog has used it way more than 19 times

4. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

5. Jo

Jo New Member

No idea, but if items have their own fatigue, this may explain it . . .
    I used the [use item] function from the panel below the action screen 'cos that's the only way I know how to use charged items. Sog may be doing it another way (just like mage daggers etc let you cast your first few spells for no or reduced fatigue cost)

However, Sog has used the staff several times in one combat on occasion, so it may well be a bug.

6. Camo

Camo New Member

friend-al-23...

You are now a tech marvel... way to go... when i first saw you post to me you were still an ageless blade and now you are a techmarvel...!!!!

7. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Just got it today. :smile:

Our Host!