Shrek 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xento, May 20, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. xento

xento New Member

Alright, I just saw this movie tonight, and I personally thought it was pretty well-done. At least as good as the original, anyway.

What is everyone else's thoughts (about the movie, ya horsefuck)?

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

If it's as good as the original, that'd be great. On a side note, Shrek and Donkey are on State of Origin ads here. Naturally, Shrek being the cool motherfucker he is, is going for Queensland.

I must admit to being amazed that they got them to do the ads though.

3. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

Go Queensland!!!!!! HOOHOOHOOHOO *scratches arse*

4. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Forgive my ignorinse, but what are State of Origin ads?

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Only because I can. :)

http://aus.rleague.com/origin/

State of Origin is a Vegemitian rugby league. I just learned that using Google. Otherwise I wouldn't had known. Rugby ain't a big sport here.

6. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

shrek 2 was pretty good. not quite as good as the original, but few sequels are. it was very far from sucking, which is good enough.

7. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

Let's hope that the Shrek stays at a sequel, and doesn't turn into a triliogy, or something, like Terminator did, and like RoboCop came scarily close to. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

8. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I'm not unhappy about many trilogies. Romero's Night of The Living Dead, The Alien movies (I know, it's 4 so far) or The Evil Dead Trilogy were all decent movies.

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Ads for State of Origin. State of Origin happens to be the greatest rugby league contest in the world. Normally I'd say union is tougher than league, but Origin is an exception to that rule - most definitely the most intense and physical regular sporting competition in Australia that I know of.

10. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

I thought the fourth Alien movie really screwed the whole series up.

Shrek 2 wasn't as good but it was allright.

11. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i liked the 4th Alien. so it was hokey and stupid. i like hokey and stupid...

12. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

13. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

not only do you suffer from IGNORANCE, but you're illiterate as well! You need to get you hands on the good book, a book that change my life and shaped my personality and beliefs, a Dictionary.

14. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Well considering that most of the top line players aren't going to be playing due to, "improper behaviour", I think this year may be a little lacking in the intensity department. Actually to be honest I used to be a big fan of the ARL & the Doggies in particular, but ever since the whole super league debacle I haven't had much time or respect for the game/players, and the last year or so especially has done little to change my opinion. By fuck I miss the games form the late 80's early 90's, now they had intensity!.... ~start's chanting~ Wally's a wanker... Wally's a wanker.... sniff's.
    While we're on the topic* of footy... anyone see the Swanies and Hawk's game earlier today?, fuck I enjoyed watching that.

*Yes i'm trying to de-rail the thread... what of it?.

15. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

Yeah I saw it. If I were the hawks I'd be mighty pissed, still it was a good comeback.

16. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

Is that AFL?
    GayFL IMO, I can't stand the game.

17. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Not so. Skill != intensity. The Blues haven't lost THAT many front line players, and besides, they've got the bigger talent pool to begin with.

Yeah right. It's all because the Dogs have been acting like fucking morons for the past couple of years that you don't like the game. But that's okay, if I was a fan of theirs, I'd be pretty pissed about it as well. I get in a shitty mood whenever the Broncos lose.

Now, much as I hated seeing Queensland lose last year, the first game was fucking brilliant - it set new levels of intensity. The scoreline only blew out in the past couple of minutes. Paul Bowman was a fucking champion. He may have torn his ACL less than a minute after going on the field, but he still tried to play despite the fact he couldn't even stand to make a tackle.

Wally is the fucking KING! THE KING, DAMN YOU, THE KING! Andrew Johns hasn't done shit at Origin level, let alone test or club level.

18. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

You only hate AFL becuase AFL needs skill apart from being tank. AFL players need to be co-ordinated whereas rugby players just need to be strong and not afraid to touch and push against men in queer places.

The guy...whats his face...the english guy with the leg that kicked the shit out of the Australian team is a prime example of how drastically and badly the game is affected when one person who can kick enters it.

19. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

To be fair it's not just the bulldog's behviour that's dissapointed me (although it hasn't raised my oppinion of the game), I've found it very hard to become enthused about the game in general since superleague happened. Plus also having to serve players drinks all night and listen and watch them behave like spoilt children crying because they have to go to bed by 2:00am. It's disappointing to realise that these are some kids hero's and role model's.

nod's slowly... yes, yes he is.

20. Nakor

Nakor New Member

not having, sky i cant watch the australin rugby league, but i do watch the english game all the time, my team bein Barrow Border Raiders, rugby league rocks, and i push that, as i play i can say it's better than owt else, tho i have a mate who sings the virtues of aussie rules football.

Our Host!