Ore Golems!! Kill em all

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Tidus, Sep 20, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Tidus

Tidus New Member

I started playing arcanum about 3 days ago and i have a level 11 character who is a gunsmithy guy and im stuck at the dwaven mines becose thers an ore golem in the way and he just rips my party apart he is powerful to me!! i have used looking glas rifels and dynamite but it hardly makes a dent can annyone give me anny help in what to do ive been trying to kill it for ages but nothing i do wortks help me plz :smile:

2. Aldin

Aldin New Member

ore golems suck! you're at one of the most difficult bits of the game...

First, Turn Based Only - Ore Golems are very slow. You should be able to keep out of range by shooting then backing up.

Second, Leave the party behind - they'll only get themselves killed

Third, If none of the above is sufficient - go do other quests and come back when you're stronger. the Black Mountain clan caves were the hardest part of the game for me and i waited til i was MUCH stronger before i came back...

~Aldin

3. Wookie7

Wookie7 New Member

And, of course, the ever-poular tactic of loading up on molotov cocktails and firebombing them to death.

4. The Souljourner

The Souljourner New Member

Get to a higher level first. You're too low level for going in there. I know I was at least 20th before I went in there.

-The Souljourner

5. Bonnie

Bonnie New Member

Gain a few levels elsewhere, then use the points to get the Jolt spell - I always use that, or lightning bolt to get rid of those pesky ore golems!

Even with my more tech character, I still made sure I had that Jolt spell.

6. G'Kar

G'Kar New Member

Hmmm, if I were playing a techie I wouldn't get Jolt, for two reasons:

1) You want your tech aptitude as high as you can get it, and buying spells lowers it, and

2) The higher your tech aptitude, the less damage your spells do anyway. Since your tech aptitude is going to be high going in, there's no point in a damage-causing spell.

For the same 2 points it takes to get to Jolt, you can buy a point of Throwing and a point of Explosives and brew yourself up about fifty Molotov Cocktails...make sure to put one on your Quick-Item belt, then you can use as many as you need without cost in AP. Ore Golems and even Seething Masses will be no problem whatever. And don't worry about the blast effect, your own guys are immune.

7. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

yeah NAPALM DEATH.
    and tidus I don't believe you used the looking glass rifle since it rocks 40-40 damage could peel the ore golems cap back

8. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

The throwing round thing called Azram Star, I think , doesn't do damage. ""

9. Wookie7

Wookie7 New Member

Didn't the Looking Glass Rifle get nerfed in the patch?

10. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I don't install it since it messes up my whole game to the extent that I can't play it at all

11. Camo

Camo New Member

Iron golems... eh stay away from them if you can or...

unequip our followers and have them bash it when it comes for you. Otherwise most of the early level weapons will shatter like glass on them. Another trick is to use entangle on them and place a firewall under their feet.

Forget the whatever Azar... star as if you miss the bugger, it hits a wall and gets damage.

For me long range weapons are what's call for whenever Iron golems or fire elementals are there.

12. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

Yup, the LGR used to do 40-40 damage, which was obviously a bug. Unfortunately, it now does a pitiful 10-30.

13. Tidus

Tidus New Member

thanx

thanx for all of you help i have tryed using a repeater rifle and killed it oh well thee is adleased 1 or 2 more to go

Our Host!