I think i might have quite possibly screwed myself...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Archbane, Apr 24, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Archbane

Archbane New Member

there are two methods that i've herad of to reach the glimmering forest and caladon and all that jazz.

Method #1 Steal amulat form Mryth or whatever the hell the elf in
    stillwaters name is, then take it to the herbalist in
    shrouded hills. Problem there is that i had tol kill EVERYONE
    in shrouded hills. that game glitched and they ALL attacked
    me, so therefor no HERBALIST.

Method #2 Capture the "stillwater giant" then run your ass off to have
    everyone to talk to tell you that you are a retard with a blue
    rabbit, then you are told to get the pelt from the P.T.
    Barnum, well, the problem there is that have constructed
    a robinhood thief type character i pretty much robbed and
    broke into everything that i came across to test my skills...
    i have no idea where idumped the fake pelt, thinking that it
    would be usuless due to its authintisity.

and if someone could either conform my fuckedness or let me in on a little secret i would greatly apprecait it.

2. tree1180

tree1180 New Member

or...

or get the location of Caladon, and then teleport there, works for me. I think there is someone in Stillwater who tells you.

3. Baal

Baal New Member

Hi Archbane!

If you look around the mountains near Stillwater you will find “Hardin’s Pass�, once you run/fight it you can the cross it using the world map from then on to get to the Glimmering Forest.

((Caution)) If you go in to Quintarra without completing the quest from the elf in Stillwater it will screw-up your game big time!

It’s at “W-1288 S-713�

4. trobs

trobs New Member

There's a lot to say for starting a new game at this point, but you do have an alternative. First, force Caladon by going through the Gorgoth pass. Then force your way back into the main quest in caladon (do the misk stuff).
    Work with a good walkthrough like Carter's walkthrough (or the banshee game site for arcanum, pretty much the same ) to see the details of picking up the main quest in caladon.

I completely screwed up Qintarra in my first game (could not find raven), but after playing this tactic in caladon, all was well and I WAS able to find raven in Qintarra, and the rest of the game playe correctly.

It's worth a try if you do not wish to restart. (I suggest you resist your thief's temptation to piss off everone in caladon and qintarra however.)

5. Nervestaple

Nervestaple New Member

Now, you're just looking to get the location of Quintarra and the pass, right? If I remember correctly, you can force the information out of the silly elf in Stillwater, you just have to kill him first and use some good old necromancy on his corpse. If the corpse is gone and you have no earlier save, try using necromancy on the elven herbalist chick after you've slaughtered Shrouded Hills. After all, she knows the location of Quintarra as well.

Our Host!