How long will the followers wait?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Sep 18, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Elrond

Elrond New Member

You can have maximum of 6 followers in the game (with highest charismapersuasion). But there are so many people I would like to join. They all have different ways, different skills, and it's rather interesting to have various followers on various quests -- for instance, Dante helping on King Praetor's quest, and so on.

So, I'm interested, if I already have 6 followers, and want to join somebody else, is it necessary to depart with one of my previous team members? Or I can simply tell him (or her) to wait? And how long will they wait, anyway? Are there any time limits here?

2. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

That depends on your follower. For instance, Virgil can wait forever while Sogg can wait for only 2 hours. Read the followers section at my website.

3. Elrond

Elrond New Member

OK, suppose Sogg waited for 2 hours and then he went away. Where will he go? And will I ever have a chance to find him and join him back?

By the way, I couldn't get info on some characters on your website -- several thumbnails just have no links. What's wrong? I was particularly interested in Gar, Chukka and Raven.

4. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

[/quote]

OK, suppose Sogg waited for 2 hours and then he went away. Where will he go? And will I ever have a chance to find him and join him back?

[/quote]

He will be at Shrouded Hills at the inn and he will join you again. (unless you have an evil alignment, I think..)

And also your followers will wait a lot longer if your apprentice in persuasion.
    They will not leave if your master I think, or is it if u have more than 20 chr.

5. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

All followers will return to their original location.

About the site, well, I haven't completely finish it. I suggest' you visit TA's website (http://www.terra-arcanum.com/) for info about those other characters or you can e-mail me! :smile:

6. Dakun

Dakun New Member

okay

so you don't have to

gar = 2 points into persuation, talk to him about tea, realize he's just an ugly ass human, blackmail parnell, have him join w/ you. (gotta be lvl 9)

chukka (after you do the stonebender dwarf quest for mr bate, he commisions you to go to the isle of despare, and offers his bodygaurd... chukka, so assist you (lvl 16 strong melee char)

raven was it? talk to her once you get to quintarra... after you get to the dark elf village and stuff.. go back and inform her and she'll do you, and then join you.

jamie

7. Dakun

Dakun New Member

ps.

you can have 7 followers

20/ 4 = 5 (charisma)
    1 for expert persuation = 6
    dog doesn't count as a follower = 7
    familier/summoned pet doesn't count either... so i guess you can 8

their ya go :smile:

jamie

8. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Actually, Arronax doesn't count either and all those 5 other creatures you can summon won't count too. so...

8 + 1 + 5 = 14

9. Dakun

Dakun New Member

thanks

i praise you my god :smile: heheh

okay so lets see

6 followers (5 + persuasion exp)
    1 dog
    1 arronax
    5 summons
    1 black necromatic pet
    wanna get technical (fatigue wont last long...)

1 fire
    1 earth
    1 water
    1 air elementatl

18 ... boyeah!

hehe later,
    jamie

10. Elrond

Elrond New Member

11. Elrond

Elrond New Member

Dakun, what do you mean, "she'll do you?" I mean, did I get it right? He he...

12. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Jamie, what about this necromantic pet and elementals? How di you ever come up to, what, 18? :???:

13. Dakun

Dakun New Member

hmm

lvl 5 fire/water/earth/air spells are summon elementals .. lvl 35 elemenats,

lvl 3 necro black is summon undead

and then all 5 levels of the summoning disciplin (like... orc/imp/demon/hellgate/familier?) summon pets also

that clear it up?

14. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Actually, no. I said 5 for the summons meaning you can only control 5 summons. So those other 4 summons are already counted. That makes it 14.

6 as per persuasion
    1 Arronax
    1 Dog
    1 Familiar
    5 as per intelligence (summons)

A total of 14 followers. Plus yourself to make it even 15.

15. muffdiver

muffdiver New Member

Actually from what I understand Chukka doesn't take up a follower slot either... So that'd be... well one more anyhow<g>.

16. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

He does take a slot. Well for me he does. I got Chukka, Sogg, Magnus, Virgil, Jayna, and Gar. When asked for Alurin, she won't join because we are already a crowd.

On another point, Doc, Swyf, and this dwarf from the Isle doesn't take space either. so I gues its 15 plus you, makes it 16.

Our Host!