free fate points!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by darkllama, Feb 26, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. darkllama

darkllama New Member

i figured out how to get unlimited fate points! it takes a lot of fatigue, the create undead or ressurect spell (preferrably create undead) and GIlbert Bates. you find Gilbert Bates, kill him, then bring himback and kill him again! and again and again and again! yeah!
    :D

2. Canis

Canis New Member

The Kree exploit requires no special skill or fatigue reserve, and no killing either.

3. darkllama

darkllama New Member

kree exploit? what's that?

well, i thought that was pretty cool, and it is fun killing the little rich dude over and over again!

4. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Actually, its a cool idea. Truly evil characters miss many a fate point bringing quest. This is a cool way to compensate for it.

5. Seraphic Lord

Seraphic Lord New Member

6. Solaris

Solaris New Member

If you steal the golden idol of Kree and remain unnoticed by the barbarians, you get a fate point. If you begin crossing the Kree border there and back with this idol, you will be receiving fate points each time.

7. trobs

trobs New Member

I've been wondering: Suppose you kill all the Kree barbarians, being careful not to touch the altar with the idol. Go out of the Kree area, go back in and now steal the idol. Will you get a fate point? You're certainly stealing it unnoticed....

8. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

I think that fate points are overated. I mean, you use them once, and they're gone. And knowing me, I'll save them and never use 'em. :/

9. trobs

trobs New Member

I think that learning to use fate points is a challenging skill. One idea: try to catch thoses moments when you say to yourself, Damn, i wish i could ...
    Then it's time to use a fate point.
    In my second game (ever) of Arcanum, it drove me crazy that I just couldn't get something from Ms. Misk in Caladon. But of course all I needed was to use a fate point.

10. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    You know, I tend to burn all my fatepoints on getting useful things from others without having to invest anything at all into the Pick Pocket skill. By my tell, that's the best use for them. Full Heal and guaranteed save against magic ain't worth it.

11. darkllama

darkllama New Member

well, if you are in the middle of a dungeon and you have no healing spell, potions, or any possible way to heal your self and you are starin' down the face of some hideous beast and you have 1 hp left, that full heal now is starting to look pretty good....

i usually use my fate points to pick that lock on that chest in tarant in that zoological society place, because it wont ever work, even if i'm a master at pick locks...

12. Canis

Canis New Member

Go into dungeons prepared and with regular saves and blowing that fate point will look a lot less appealing.

That safe is for a quest, and it opens with the appropriate key....

I usually spend a point for the trapmaster's basement, but other than that it's all about grand larceny. :)

Our Host!