Game over

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrnobodie, Feb 28, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Found this not so little snippet of info and it seems to be somewhat promising for all the TV/cartoon junkies out there.

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

You needed to finish that with a question like: Now who wrote the article?

3. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Holy shit man, this is what they're going to replace futurama,family guy, and the critic with? At least we've stll got cartoon network's adult swim, but aside from that , southpark, the simpsons and the good 10% of anime all other cartoons are shit. I really miss the good old days of Liquid Television on MTV. What a fucked up show, that show totally fucked me up as a 7 year old, but I kept watching it infrequently until one day it was cancelled. Fuckers replaced it with what? Whats on mtv now? I have no idea, I only know its not worth watching. Even when Liquid TV was still on it and Bevis and Butthead were the only things worth watching on MTV anyway...

Fuckers.

4. Flink

Flink New Member

Well... Family Guy is comming back from what I've heard, much thanks to the vast sales of DVD's and adult swim. Seth McFarland also has a new show in the works called "American Dad" which looks promising.

5. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I can tell by the title alone that American Dad will be a huge failure, or will at least be very unoriginal. Look at the last few thigs fox has given us, Malcom in the Middle, The Bernie Mac Show, Oliver Bean, and Arrested Development; all of these have been quirky looks at the ups and downs and fictitious bullshit we believe about middle class family life in America. The American dad sounds like the version that appeals to the fathers of these families, but not in the wife-beating, dead beat dad ind of way I'd love to see, but in a way that appeals to the whole family while still focusing on the father figure. Why doesn't Bernie Mac already fill this "father figure" slot? Because hes black therefore uptight white audience members don't get the jokes, and closet racists change the channel. Don't worry, if you think all sitcoms are evil and you don't watch the show because you find it morally offensive, thats ok, but if you watch Malcom and love it, and then you get -explainably annoyed by the Bernie Mac show, then something is wrong. Anyway, yeah thats why the American Dad will be just another Middle Class Family In Weird Situations piece of crap, because advertising companies and focus groups have taught us that of the wall shows like the Critic, and Futurama don't sell tennis shoes, insurance, or Coca-Cola. The only reason Family Guy might come back is because its got such a huge cult following.

6. Icairus

Icairus New Member

How does American Dad have a title that seems any more like a moronic sitcom than The Family Guy? It's the same sort of titling.

7. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

hey cancelled family guy, you don't cancel a show and then go and fund one thats exactly the same. Family Guy was special, titles arent everything, and by no means is my prediction my absolute belief, I'm just making an educated guess based on Fox's recent additions to its programming.

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I don't think Family Guy has ever shown on TV here, but I could be wrong. I do know that I love Futurama though, and I really can't understand why it was cancelled (well, apart from the whole "probably wasn't making enough money" thing). It had a great concept, cool characters and great scriptwriters. Maybe they couldn't have kept the magic alive, but still, they probably could have gotten a few more seasons out of it.

9. Settler

Settler Member

Jar, Family Guy showed here (at least in Melbourne) on Seven about five years ago...it was only on for about six or nine months.

10. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

its showed here too jar... you must live in the pits of televeision...

11. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Didn't he say he didn't watch TV. Well there you go. That's your reason. Hey, he probably watches some, but to finish this poat I'll say "I'm going to shut up now."

12. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

No, really, I don't watch TV. Except for sport, and the occasional episode of the Simpsons. If the Family Guy was on 5 years ago, there was no way I would have seen it - out of the country for a few months each year at that time, and an inability to watch TV at night when I wasn't.

13. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

anything that was on tv more than three years ago, i haven't seen... my parents weren't into cable for a long ass time, and then i was too broke to pay for my own...

14. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

I sooooo know how that is rosie. When I was single and had other brokeass room/housemates we could barely(and I mean owner knocking on door barely) afford to pay for rent or the utilities. We had no cable for like 3 months.....just 12 videos. And 12 movies dont last long when you have no vehicle, live in a town that a population of like 500, have a day off(or more) and there is a blizzard outside!! :-( :)

I truly watch about 6-7 channels: Discovery, TLC, MTV, Cartoon Network(for adult swim), the TV guide channel, the WB, and Gameshow Network. Aint much more on worth watching.....'cept maybe National Geaographic channel and Animal Planet once in a while(amazing the things you can learn at 3:28 AM :lol: )

15. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Family Guy is the greatest and most perfect animated television show ever concieved, and I would die in her defense. Here are some favorite quotes:
    "It's nuculer, dummy, the s is silent!"
    "You! Get me a copy of the Wall Street Journal. And you two - fight to the death!"
    "Now that mom's gone, who's going to protect me from the evil monkey in my closet?"
    "Aw, man, Dad's a chick."
    On a bumper sticker: "My other penis is a vagina."
    "What do I know, Peter, I'm just a dumb dog. (to waitress) Vodka martini on the rocks, and step on it."

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Futurama is the best animated show I've ever watched. There are too many hilarious lines, and Zapp Brannigan and Dr Zoidberg are two of the funniest characters ever. Especially Zapp.

17. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i have a soft spot for Bender... also, i enjoy the Professor's what-if machine.

18. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

So THAT'S what would happen if I invented the fing-longerer.

19. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Futurama really is the greatest, I love it. If I was a consumer whore, I'd have the first 3 seasons on dvd, but as it is, I have no cash.

Now for some Zoidberg quotes:

"I finally learned what it's like to be a grandmother; subjugated, yet honored."

"I'll just turn the wheel to maximum fastness..."

"Your music is bad, and you should feel bad!"

I have mail order degrees in murder-ology and murder-ometry. Zoidberg is a-foot!

Judging by it's scales and long tongue, i'd say it's a horse.

"Ain't Got no cash, Ain't got no style, Ladies vomit when I smile, but does Zoidberg worry?"

And lets not forget how he pronounces Robot ("Robit")

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I have seasons 1-3. Now I want 4 dammit!

"Hooray! Now Zoidberg is the popular one!"

"The next time you see me, I may have eaten."

"Look at me, I'm Dr Zoidberg - homeowner!"

"I bet I've lost more patients than he's even seen!"

Our Host!