Atlantis has been found!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkUnderlord, Jan 10, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

How do they know the pottery and currency came from Atlantis? I'd also like to know how the entire civilisation survived underground without being technologically advanced...and even WHY they needed to live underground. Greece is not exactly a hotspot like Coober Pedy.

2. xento

xento New Member

Who says they survivied? They could have been buried alive.

Actually, quite a few historians/scientists believe that there were quite a few ancient societies that had at least fairly advanced technology. For example, they believe that the Egyptians had a kind of light bulb, and that some South African civilization had batteries. Also, they found an artifact in some ancient ruins that looked like a spacecraft, and could actually fly, once an engine was added. Personally, I think that the spacecraft style looked Vendigrothian. :p

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Could you verify this? I would be interested to see a webpage with pictures and stuff because:

a) I'm interested

b) Stories like that one have a nasty habit of being scams. :cry:

In fact, the very idea of an ancient civilization being able to build something as advanced as a spacecraft makes it sound implausible indeed. I mean, even if they could carry out the complex calculations required to scheme it, they didn't have advanced factories that could produce all the parts they would need. :???:

It sure did. Soon they'll dig up T'sen Ang, and, no shit, guess what will march out? A legion of dark elves casting disintegrate on everything technological they see! And that, ehum, includes most of you, I'm afraid. Of course, since I'll be put in postition as a spokesman of theirs once this happens, please send all subscriptions for continued life to me. Just hand in your soul and I'll consider allowance for you. :thumbup:

4. xento

xento New Member

I'm not sure if there are any webpages to back it up, because I saw it on some 'search for the unexplained' or somesuch show, and the idea for that episode was suggesting that aliens have visited Earth and given some earlier civilizations advanced technology.

I'll search, and if I find anything, I'll post it.

EDIT:

Alright, this is what I have found so far. At this website, it shows the ancient battery I mentioned, and two ancient 'planes', which are similar to the ones I saw on that show, although not the exact same ones. Note that the website has a neat-o Indiana Jones theme midi music file that plays. :D :thumbup:

Here is another article about ancient spacecraft technology from India, and another similar article is here.

Also, this article talks about the 10 most technologically advanced civilizations.

Here is an article posted at a forum discussing the ideas of ancient spacecraft technology.

And, finally, here is a website about the study of ancient Mayan space travel.

So, maybe that explains the ancient bacteria they found on mars.

EDIT AGAIN:

Also, check out here and here for some articles that have some pictures to go with it.

5. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

6. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

I've always loved Atlantis, ever since I played Indy. Actually load Indy and the Fate of Atlantis and it's called Indy 4 on My Computer. Here's hoping. BTW, the Indy 4 manual has several books u may wanna check out.

7. xento

xento New Member

Not by a longshot, but when it's backed up that extensively, it's probable.

8. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Nobody has ever doctored a photo or falsified, misinterpereted, misidentified, or misused information on the internet to support their otherwise tenuous position.

And nobody has ever founded scopes.com to bust those who would never do such things.

9. xento

xento New Member

Actually, there are tons of fake images on the net that are made specifically to decieve; not joke.

10. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

What word did I use that looked like I meant they were joking? I, uh, was saying, sarcastically, and pretty obviously I thought, that many photos are faked. Some are jokes. Some are intended to deceive. Others were hoaxes that got out of hand and that far too many people believe and reuse unknowingly.

11. xento

xento New Member

And the first time, I answered that it is possible, but when so many research papers revolve around those images, I doubt they are faked.

Besides, it's not trying to throw it in your face, it's only suggesting, unlike a hoax.

12. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

No, a good hoax is actually designed to make you believe, and thus is well documented. Now the documents are usually misinterpreted (the face on Mars, for instance, or the canals on Mars, or crop circles, or the pyramids) in that they push the common sense LOOK AT THIS! CAN'T YOU SEE! as opposed to a true scientific argument. I was drawn in for years by Fingerprints of the Gods (about ancient civs, not gods or aliens), but simply every bit of evidence has been more satisfactorally reinterpreted scientifically and several of his points were shown fallacious. Yes, these are research papers. They are often done by people with some background in the actual field, and so they know how to make it look good. Conspiracy theory guys are usually really smart and quite educated. They don't want to be seen as quacks. They really believe what they do. But that belief gets in the way of science. They ignore holes in their theories out of love for their theories. As such, their stuff looks good to the layman, but when a professional or really anyone with a good scientific background looks at the papers, they are laughable.

Ask yourself: why do so many of the papers use the same images?

This phenomenon is similar to a fundamentalist taking a verse of the bible out of context to prove some wacko point, and then all the other fundamentalists take the same verse and go crazy with it, proving jews are evil or the world ended yesterday or suicide bombing is good or whatnot. The agenda of these "theorists" is more benign, but no less false.

13. xento

xento New Member

Actually, they don't use the same image over and over. They are different images and evidence.

Our Host!