Levels

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Sum41freak, Jan 11, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sum41freak

Sum41freak New Member

hows everybody doing today? well last night i was playing and i got to level fifty... so i spent my points and went on my merry way and along the way i battled all these beasts but never gained a level higher even though the bubles went all the way up and back down again can i get past level fifty?

2. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

no you can't, that's why everyone says there is a level cap at 50. The patch changed the game so that you can keep gaining experience and when you reach a new level all your followers level up.

3. Bozos of Bones

Bozos of Bones New Member

Take the 127 level patch. An excellent patch in my estimation.

4. Lord Coldwolf

Lord Coldwolf New Member

is this official game path or mod, and wich level is maximum in this patch ?

I suposse 127 isn't ? :/

5. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

It's an unofficial patch that allows you to go up to level 127 maximum. Just be sure to get the one that is made specifically for the patched version of Arcanum if you have applied the official 1.0.7.4 patch. If you haven't applied that patch, you should also get it.

6. Lord Coldwolf

Lord Coldwolf New Member

Ok, thanks....just one more question can you or anyone else give me a good link where i can find all those patchs together on 1 site ?
    please :)

7. trobs

trobs New Member

I'm curious: WHY is it fun to go way over level 50? Clearly you can win the game with less tan level 50. I'm sure I'll get interested in trying to win WAY below level 50. Does one get up to level 100 and then just go around whacking everything, or is there more to it than that?

8. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Well, trobs, I personally just don't like to be limited to 50 levels when I tend to hit that max before I finish Tarant. I'm not alone in this or the patch wouldn't be so popular. I do wish that the monsters and NPCs would also increase their levels the same way and would really like to see this come out as an official patch from Troika with that change incorporated, but I don't expect it to happen.

As for where to find the patches, I'm afraid you'll have to wait until Dark Underlord gets the download section finished to get the level 127 patch, but you can get the official 1.0.7.4 patch from Sierra's site at http://arcanum.sierra.com/ right now. From the way things are looking, it shouldn't be too much longer before you can get the other patch or, if you don't want to wait, send me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you, Lord Coldwolf.

9. trobs

trobs New Member

Again, because people really DO like the level 127 patch: I'm really curious:

(1) Isn't the rest of the game too easy if you leave Tarant at level 50 (and keep levelling up)?

(2) The hardest parts of fighting in Tarant are not on the main quest line, so why not leave Tarant sooner and come back to the later?

I do understand the fun of having an incredibly powerful charaacter that can do pretty much whaever it wants, but I personally would not enjoy that particular scenario very long.

10. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    trobsie, the game starts become a tad too easy when you hit level 30, or even sooner than that. At level 50, you can walk through armies. That's why I've never bothered with the level 127 patch.

Me neither, although I'm the kind of slow Arcanum player that wouldn't reach level 127 whatever I did. How Sinbad does to achieve that high level in Tarant only is beyond me.

This is also why I try not to learn any cheat codes in games. It will inevitably destroy them. The single-player campaign in Starcraft got ruined 'cause of this. :cry:

Yeah, I don't have any self-control. :)

11. Lord Coldwolf

Lord Coldwolf New Member

And I hate when I stop leveling and must pass more than 60% with level 50.

They could make that you need more xp. points to level up and make a 75 level max.

The second thing I hate is that you almost never have enought points to make a cool charakter :-(

12. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Coldwolf, an official level 75 max would had been completely out of place. Custom made patches that raise level caps for those who want it are fine, but I think Troika would had killed a lot of the character development if they allowed too many levels. As for now, you have to plan your character somewhat, and make decisions - this makes for unique characters. With too many points to go, you will eventually find yourself with all things maxed, and the majority of players wouldn't really want that.

By all means, download the lv 127 patch and enjoy! But Arcanum wasn't made for more than 50 levels. :)

Our Host!