Evolution of a 'Jolly Old Elf'

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RPjunkie, Dec 21, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Do you believe in Santa Claus?

Poll closed Jan 4, 2004.
  1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. yes, but only for younger ppl (kids/cousins/siblings/etc.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. no, but fake it for the little ones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. why??

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. why not!!! It makes the season interesting.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

no they don't really. As I've said, I'm friendly I just don't expect anything. If all the world was friendly it would be a MUCH different place. Why are you people so in favor of expecting things for your efforts? I will say hi to everyone, if they don't like me I won't kill myself to make them smile, and I don't expect gratitude for anything I do. And I'm never disappointed, only surprised if someone is grateful.

2. DrFraud

DrFraud New Member

Thank you for equating my chosen religion with a bunch of loonies dressing up in black capes and going around thinking they can turn into bats or something. As for casting spells to make you change your mind, (1) I don't practice the magic part of Wicca, and even if I did, (2) spells cast on an unwilling subject don't work. Or so they say.

3. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Who DOES practise the casting part of wicca?

As for the willing/unwilling side of it, people who don't believe in psychics don't pay have their cards read. However, I am completely willing and open to you convincing me, with some ype of proof, that wicca is the one true religion.

I was not comparing wicca to naziism, i was comparing my feelings for the two. They are nothing alike.

4. DrFraud

DrFraud New Member

That's nice. (Un)fortunately, you'll have to wait until somebody who actually believes that Wicca is this One True Religion of yours comes along. As for myself, I happen to believe that Wicca is the right religion for me, but have absolutely no interest in trying to convince other people to believe in it themselves. My dog in this fight is recognition of the validity of Wicca, not its rightness or wrongness.

5. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Sleek, can you PROVE Christianity as the one true religion? Can you prove Islam or Judaism? No, you can't, and asking for proof of religion is the most idiotic thing in the world. All religion requires faith, and faith never requires evidence.

6. Wolf

Wolf New Member

In other words, faith is a messes up piece of shit.

7. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Um no, if you feel like paraphrasing at least do it right.

Basically, Sleek asked her to prove Wicca, but that's a stupid request, no religion can be proved. They are based on faith alone for the most part. That doesn't make them messed up at all, it just makes me believe that laws, wars, bigotry should not be based around religion because making such serious judgements, IMO, requires hard evidence. But just because someone believes something that can't be proved or disproved doesn't make them messed up.

8. Wolf

Wolf New Member

I didn't say they were messed up I said faith is messed up. Believing something with no evidence is just believing something because you want to believe it, and I think that's messed up.

9. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Have you ever seen a million dollars? I'm guessing you haven't. But you still know it exists, right?

10. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

lol, that's a pretty good example.

listen Mr. Mutt, faith can't be proven. But it also can't be disproven. Believing, by definition, is to feel something exists without having proof to corroborate that feeling. When you have proof you stop believing and you start knowing. No one can prove the existence of God, so people can only believe or not believe.

And I'm sure they think you're just as messed up as you feel they are. The only difference is that you only believe they are messed up. They use your posts as proof, and therefore they KNOW you're messed up.

11. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Yeah, just ignore what I said... Matah, I haven't seen a million dollars but there's evidence for it, such as the house I live in his worth about 1.6 million dollars Australian.

12. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Wow, very subtle about bragging aren't you :roll: :asshole:

13. Wolf

Wolf New Member

I'm not bragging. Like I think you guys give a shit about the value of my mum's house.

14. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Can't you ever get the concept? Heck, I could changed it to 1 billion...

15. Wolf

Wolf New Member

The concept is, there is evidence of the existence of 1 billion dollars.

16. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Matah our logic is wasted on the moronic. Let him wallow in his ignorance.

17. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

18. Wolf

Wolf New Member

For anyone who didn't understand, I'll translate Blinky's post.
    " You got us there. Since we can't rebut that comment we'll flame him." Seriously though, what makes me moronic? The fact that I haven't given up yet? Please, rather than calling me a moron, tell me why I'm wrong. My expectations aren't that high, you'll probably just flame me again.

19. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

You will never concentrate on the meaning of stuff, you'll just point out how they're technically incorrect.

20. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Actually I do, it's just that it's understandably hard for you to know what I'm thinking.

Our Host!