Important ! Please Read ! Get It Will It Lasts !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. Serous, Sep 18, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mr. Serous

Mr. Serous New Member

** Repent of your sins and ask the Lord Jesus Christ to be your Savior - So you don't have to go to Hell when you Die **

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God - Romans 3:23

As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one - Romans 3:10

For the wages of sin is death: but the gift of God is enternal life through Jesus Christ or Lord - Romans 6:23

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire -Rev. 21:15

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved - Romans 10:9

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13

2. Milo

Milo New Member

Get the hell out of here you fundie spammer.

3. Section8

Section8 New Member

Get it will it lasts? I don't think Christianity will last. It's dying in Australia, and it's not growing anywhere else in the world, so no I don't think it will last. Especially when you are the chief recruiting officer. Take it outside god-boy.

4. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

I beg to differ, I believe Christianity will endure. But I do agree that there are more proper channels for this....... and it's Certainly not here....

Peace...Section8 :smile:

5. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

6. hujak

hujak New Member

Christian, protestant.

Though not on account of recruiters like above.

7. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

8. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

I'm a born again Atheist (Hard to tell from my name). My personal belief is that the universe is too large and complex to even comprehend, maybe there is a god maybe there isn’t. Right now I’m for the negative, but it is a work in progress. I just feel that there is hardly enough proof in today's world to support a(some) gods existance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ArchAngel on 2001-09-18 15:38 ]</font>

9. Rigor_Mortis

Rigor_Mortis New Member

I was muslim untill reading and working in evolutionary molecular biology.It's clear that the universe is so complex and hard to understand,naturaly most of the people got horrifed and want to pray to a superior power,may be god or another thing.I don't mean that I'm an atheist,but I have very strong suspects about the way people belive to god.It must be different from our image or so-called prophets told us.Currently I'm thinking seriously on this subject.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rigor_Mortis on 2001-09-18 16:04 ]</font>

10. Milo

Milo New Member

I was born and baptised a Roman Catholic, but am now agnostic.

I feel like I know enough to understand that it's impossible to know either way whether God exists or not. Concerning religion, I believe that's something that should be between the believer and his God. Proselytizing (especially on a forum dedicated to a video game) is not only useless, but it's offensive. It gives no credit to anyone who has differing beliefs, ie "If you believe differently than I do, then you're wrong and are going to hell. I am here to save you". Right. Save it Mr. Serous.

11. rev

rev New Member

=)

if being called 'rev' isn't indication enough, I'm fighting the urge to hit a soapbox here..

but for now i'll just say that you should read http://www.sinfest.net for a good laugh.

God hides in the clouds and uses hand puppets, the devil walks the earth, and the giant dragon is eastern philosophy embodied
    http://www.sinfest.net/d/20010915.html
    (this one is cute)

12. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

13. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I never thought about the existance of GOD
    never had anything to do in churces but funerals. For me god exists only in peoples minds. And I don't think about it so he doesnt in mine.
    And people please don't spam this forum/thread with religious ramblings

14. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

15. Section8

Section8 New Member

Agnostic is basically one of two things. It's either a fence sitter who doesn't know which organised religion they should belong to, or they are like me and believe in some form of divine intervention, but choose to make their own decisions about how to approach the issue of spirituality.

16. Elrond

Elrond New Member

I belong to Greek Orthodox Church. As all Russians, Georgians and Greek do. Maybe we all have different approaches even inside our church, but we all have to belong somewhere, don't we? And there is no such thing -- Atheism, and no such person -- Atheist. Everybody believes in God, even if he refuses to admit.

17. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

oh please, God is a Theory. It is not proven It cannot be measured you cannot catch it. Science wise it does not exist. And wether you believe or not moslty depends from how you were brought up and what were your parents like. My parents gave me a choice.
    Most people that believe did not get it. They just pray and go to church since it's what their parents do or what they did

18. rev

rev New Member

wow!

never heard of it. guess it turns out i need to own a tv so i can watch andromeda and poof! There I am following a religion!

personally, I think Bokonon hit it on the head :wink:

19. Voormis

Voormis New Member

old story about a wager pascal took:

bet that there was a god

if he was right, he got to go to heaven, if he was wrong, he had lived a good, clean, moral life without hurtin anyone.

if you bet there's no god, you get nothing if youre right and you burn if youre wrong.

i'm just plain old christian and i dont go into church much, but some of the shit ive seen...makes be really sure there is a god, of some sort.

and uh, i dont put much faith in science, either. first they said the earth was at the center of the universe, then the world was flat, then elemental theory and aether, then undivisible atoms, fucked up gravity and relativity theories....when science can be sure it has all the right answers , ill listen to what it has to say about god.

20. rev

rev New Member

. . .

though, Voormis, you're not just saying "god".. you're saying "a god with a set of rules given to us to follow without explanation, no real way of determining which set of rules is right, and a firm believer in arbitrary damnation in the afterlife for not following said rules"

I have a feeling that most people who believe in a god would have difficulty defining or describing god. And after some time, they might start questioning their ideas. Perhaps when I get off my anus, I'll set up a BB on my site and poke people into talking, since this is sort-of not the place =)

-=rev=-

Our Host!