Easiest characters to play

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by PekkaM, Dec 19, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. PekkaM

PekkaM New Member

What in your opinion is the strongest character to play (as in making the game almost ridiculously easy)?

I'm playing a battlemage right now. Half elf male with "only child"-background (only Virgil to heal me as a follower). I started with 2 to ST, 1 melee, 1 dodge and harm. Continued with conveyance and cemporal to the max, haggle to expert and more DX, ST, melee and dodge.

Before I even got to Tarant I was on level 30. Me and Virgil were able to take over ancient maze right after level 10 (got many levels there). Did some leveling up at Liam's workshop just to see how ridiculously overpowered I could get.

Charisma and persuation? What are those good for? :D It's strange how my alignment is getting better and better even though I often have to resort to violence when doing my "good" deeds...

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Charisma and Persuasion rule, especially if you're a team player or into role playing. CH20- your followers reaction never goes down. You can slaughter the whole of Arcanum- Magnus will complain, but will love you anyway. Persuasion and CH gives you some excellent followers that you can't get without it- like Waromon and Loghaire. Finally, you earn more fate points.

4. jankiel

jankiel Member

Yeah, that is true but when I played with this char I earned levl slow
    but with sogg, magnus, Chukka, gar, dante, virgil you could slaugther
    whole ARCANUM

5. PekkaM

PekkaM New Member

My previous game was techologist dwarf with Virgil, Sogg, Jayna, Magnus, Gar, Vollinger and Dog. I got them all at their minimum levels so it was all to charisma & persuation from the beginning. The survival was really hard in the beginning and leveling was pain after that. I didn't reach 50 until I was trying to get to Thanatos.

6. Some Strange Man

Some Strange Man New Member

wouldnt prowling + throwing be an awesome combo for being the strongest solo player?

7. Solaris

Solaris New Member

The easiest one to play is a half ogre melee fighter. A walking tank, he is. Give him a Barbarian Heavy Blade- and you're set.

8. trobs

trobs New Member

Possibly the easiest character to play is ANY character that you develop slowly. If you take your time levelling up, squeezing the most out of each site, and freqeuently killing monsters in the wild, you can get to a position where you're simply strong enough for the next challenges even if you do not understand terribly well how to play your current character.

This kind of measured play tempo goes all the way back to Rogue 3.6 (about 1980), where the easiest way to die was to descend the dungeon too quickly. But in that game (and most others), there's also a penalty for adventuring too slowly (in Rogue 3.6, you died of hunger); in Arcanum, you can REALLY take your time. Or, for incredibly nerve-wracking Arcanum excitement, you can really rush ahead.

9. Tholtan DarkOne

Tholtan DarkOne New Member

I know this off the topic but anyway... Pls can you tell me who is Waromon? Can Garfield wear some armor?

10. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    It's a Bedokkan Archer Warrior. He can be gained by completing one of the Quintarra quests by diplomacy rather than force.

Yup. He can wear barbarian armors (such as dread armor and the like) and full plate.

11. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Most Unstoppable force, IMHO, is a half-ogre battlemage, with ressurect, Chukka, Sodd, and Dogg.

12. jankiel

jankiel Member

No stupid half-ogr is good enough to face an elf wizard

13. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Dude, my half-ogre would rape your little elven wizard.

14. jankiel

jankiel Member

Your stupid ogr would have no chance at all, just harm, harm, harm

15. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

A Mage with a mastery in Black Necromatics is pretty effective too. I think one of my most effective characters was a Half-Ogre with max strength, max DX, max in white and black Necromatics, and in fire. He was a fun character to play. :)

16. Bozos of Bones

Bozos of Bones New Member

I have two uber characters.
    Rilgar, the Half-Ogre melee berserker crushed Lukan and his bridge crew while on level 3, and he is a soloist with only Virgil and Dog. Unstoppable force to the max. Maxing out dex, str and con and leaving everything else back he can take six-seven fire elementals and win without breaking a sweat from the heat.
    Second, Damiel, an elven battlemage started as an only child, but invested some points to charisma only to take up Gar in her party. She had black necro, conveyance, force and fire to the max, as well as con. harm does less than 25% damage(not likely)? Destruction, then. Unbeatable. With con and dex being the prime stats, this archer girl roxed through the game unbelievably fast and easy.

Imagine having those two in a party?
    I can already hear people poking daggers into their harts with the meer sight of the party. :D

17. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Yea, you do harm harm harm, and I either do disintergrate, or quench life, or just laugh at the 20-30 damage you did as I beat you in the head. Or I could just stasis you and flashfire you 20 times.

18. jankiel

jankiel Member

Actualy I just summon 2 demons and stasis you and
    watch em beat you up, doing harm all the time.

19. Solaris

Solaris New Member

The easiest character to play is an evil Half Elf Temporal Master battlemage. Temporal to the top+ Enchanted War boots+ maxed DX=speed 77. Add a Bangellian Scourge- and combat is a laugh. Add Shield of Protection and MA100- and he doesn't really need armor at all. You can keep your fancy smoking jacket on even in the toughest of combats!

20. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Haha Yeah, I've made that type of character before. It's very fun to play.

Our Host!