Partying with a king?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by ArchAngel, Sep 17, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Anyone know exactly how to get Loghaire Thunderstone to join you?

T-A's follower section says that he might
    join you after you bring word back of the BMC, but he still won't join me! I really want an all dwarf party! Sorry Virgil but your a pos with my 100 tech beat-you-down shorty, and now that I've got an med-arch your no longer needed.

2. Elara

Elara New Member

He joined me after I returned from talking to Min Gorad.

Virgil needs to die. Mages need to die.

3. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

I talked to him right after Virgil ran away, after Min Groad but he still wouldn't join me.

It suxs because each time I go to see if he'll join me I have to run through the dredge to talk to him, and everytime I talk to him he says "I'll say no more. Leave me I return to my exile." Look's like I'm stuck with Virgil, again. Don't get me wrong I'm sure Virgil doesn't try to sux but he's soo weak, he can barely walk after I put his mech plate on him.

4. Helcallach

Helcallach New Member

You must make him to be a king again before he'll join you. To do this, you need to speak to Randver about the Stone and Shape. The dialogue option for this is kinda tricky, because it looks like it will just replay things Randver has already said (it's something like "Tell me again, why did your father go to exile?"). Intelligence might be needed, but no persuasion, in order to convince Loghaire to return.

5. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

yes with Intelligence. A little charisma wouldn't hurt but a character's dialogue depends upon his intelligence.

6. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

That won't be a problem (20 int).

Thanks! Hope this works...

7. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Didn't do a thing...

When i talk to ravdov there are two options tell him I talked to his father(Leading to him saying he's glad then end conversation) and some questions about what he said so far. The questions about what he said so far leads to Tell me about when your father left and Why was the BMC banished. Both lead to nothing...

P.S. After expertmentation w/ a character editer I found maxing pers/charisma didn't change a thing.

8. SirCarcass

SirCarcass New Member

Loghaire

Bad news.... you have to talk to Radver about the Stone and the Shape BEFORE you first talk to Loghaire. Also, to avoid having to go through the dredge, there's a dialog option with Radver where he'll give you access to the secret passage under the throne that takes you DIRECTLY to Loghaire. I believe it was something about him not telling the whole truth, or about Radver visiting him.

9. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

I know about that passage but its only avalible to persasive characters.

I could start over my characters only lvl 36, after a weekend of play. I also could correct some mistakes I made as well(i.e puting 18 points in dex when later I got the charged rings so I would only need to get 16 dex and learning about how cool the pyro axe is too very late in the game). Ok so its a second begianing for Zeek Stoneberrier!

P.S. Anyone notice that the more and more you beat the game the more and more you learn? I mean with most games it's like you beat it 4-6 times and you know every secret in the game, but I'm STILL learning new stuff on my 5th time(i.e. I just noticed the iron clan quest, and with my evil guy I noticed if you kill that elf in stillwater then cast conjer spirt on him he'll tell you the location).

10. Dakun

Dakun New Member

nice

about killing myrth and talking to him for the loc of qinntarra .. didn't know that :smile:. im gonna try talking to all the people .. while dead.. i bet it opens a bunch of new options. still wanna figure out that damn ancient maze hehe... it is a maze... so maybe its like... if you go through it in a specific way it opens up?? hmmm

its late and my mind is wandering after a long ass day... either way.. decent idea, peace bro.

hehe 18.9 posts a day... woot.

jamie

11. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

12. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

I've found that alot of the voice overd quest ppl are very free with information when they die. Loghair, that dwarf at isle of dispar, Loghairs son(I cleared the wheel clan for fun), and more! They also have their cool voiced overs (If they had one before). But 4/4 corpses agree conjure spirt hurts!!!!

Our Host!