Valiant struggle of Los Angeles County authoroties.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragoon, Nov 26, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Just read this. I won't even try to make fun of it. They didn't give me a chance to outdo them.

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

What are they going to call them instead?

3. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

They opt for primary secondary. For now. It isn't that equal either. :D

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Equal Opportunity Drive 1
    Backup Equal Opportunity Drive 1

No wait, that's offensive to the second drive.

5. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Those guys are right - some people have way too much spare time on their hands. :/

6. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Equal Rights and Opportunity Driver

Equal Rights and Opportunity Pilot

7. Settler

Settler Member

I really loathe these political-correctness overloads...but they tend to cheer me up :).

I've also heard of someone campaigning to remove phrases like "a dark day" from common usage...*weep*...

8. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

honky pads..... i love it. god damn that's funny.

9. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

That kind of politically correct nonsense makes me want to either smash car windows with my feet and elbows (a good time), scream, or simply laugh.

10. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

Those people have too much time to think...much like me. But you can find something discriminatory in almost anything! They should keep it "Master/Slave" just to spite those bastards, and it is technically correct.

11. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

I hate political correctness. I mean, sure, try not to offend people, but like you said, anyone can take offense at anything. For example, one of my heterosexual female freinds takes offense at my use of "gay" as a synonym for "stupid." Okay, so maybe that is a little offensive. But people take God's name in vain all the time, and I don't take offense. I don't like it, but it doesn't make me angry, and I'm not going to ask people not to say it. We are guaranteed the right of free speech in the Constitution.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free excersise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press..."

12. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

If you're guaranteed freedom of speech, then how can you be sued for being politically incorrect?

13. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

You can be sued for slander, but that's only if it has damaged you, ie, Joe says that I have AIDS and I get fired from my job. As for being sued for being politically incorrect, there are dumbasses all over. All this political correctness is highly obnoxious, and I'm still waiting for the anti PC backlash.

14. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Absolutely right, except "damages" is becoming a more and more flexible term in our legal system. If you can "prove" that you were "psychologically" damaged by somebody's insulting remarks, you can often win a lawsuit against them. Disturbing, and infuriating. Since when is everyone such a bunch of whiny, hypersensitive bitches?

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Since the courts started giving big payouts I guess. Or since people decided they wanted to screw insurance companies.

16. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I
    I
    I

Have all the I's been changed to me's? Now I'm very confused. ARG! They have! You tricky, tricky devils!

17. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Me's done gotton used to it. Me don't know the reason for it in the first place.

18. Silvara

Silvara New Member

It's Dark Elf's fault. Jarinor let him change whatever he wanted, and here we are.

19. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

Good one! Me thinks thats very funny. But why did they let him change it?

20. DarkChylde

DarkChylde New Member

They said why in a thread called "Challenge" I think that Dark Elf should have changed the "me's" to "_I's" just to make it all the more confusing. I think that the drives should be called Pimp and Ho drive, like that guy (girl?) suggested in the other forum. Talking about a problem between your cd-rom and your hard-drive would be a funny conversation instead of just a boring one. :) Snowmane, can you think of a game that "You tricky tricky tricky devils" is from? I can recall that from somewhere, but where I don't know. Can any of you think of it? I'm thinking it's from Baldur's Gate TWo, but I'm not sure. Props to anyone who can figure it out!

Our Host!