WorldEd and Scrmaker(?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ring lord, Dec 12, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

since i dont have the manual,i dont know what are these. :sad:
    what are these?

2. colonel_mortimer

colonel_mortimer New Member

Why don't you have the manual? We don't take to kindly to pirates around chere.

The answer to your question is World Ed allows you to create a Mod using the same tool Troika used to make the game. Script maker allows you to make scripts to do more advansed things in your mod, using Troikas scripting language.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: colonel_mortimer on 2001-12-12 12:48 ]</font>

3. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

That facde on the cover looks alittle like Maevis, from the typing program.

4. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

5. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

why :sad:?
    i perfer the regular one.
    (cover)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ring lord on 2001-12-12 12:59 ]</font>

6. colonel_mortimer

colonel_mortimer New Member

Well personally, and many people have agreed with me the box in my sig is better than the new one. The box I posted was the original concept. The evil folks at Sierra thought it was not "hip" enough to get sales from the pathetic teenagers that will not like the game anyway because of the lack of mindless combat. The new box is just ugly, the elf is ugly, the rusty shit brownish color is ugly, and the over all appearance is dark and gloomy.

The original box, on the other hand, is bright and overall presents a friendly message. The elf looks very nice it is all most like you could have a conversation with her without the fear of being killed. The overall box shows the magic and tech aspects that the new one shows but it seems to fit the game concept better. If I saw both boxes on the shelf not knowing anything about Arcanum I would not have even picked up the new box to see what the game was about.

As far as your question about the files it uses. Basically with the World Ed you create .dat files. Your mod uses all of the files that came with the game. You will use .mes files a bunch that can be edited using notepad. As far as the basics of creating the mod (.dat file) are to just open up World Ed, name the file you want to make, add any buildings and change a few .mes files. There is a little documentation in the game files themselves, but if you really want to make one let me know and I will find some links you can use to help in making mods.

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Burn him! Burn him! He is a witch, uh, warlock!

Yeah, as mortimer said, you use them to make new mods. Can take large amounts of time, effort and raise your stress levels. If you're really interested, check out http://www.terra-arcanum.com/~amtut.

Our Host!