World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorak, Jun 14, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

I'd say for anyone who hasn't gotten into NWN yets, now is the time to finally do it. Last I checked (couple months ago) Bioware was working on the grand finale patch that would add ALL extra content from all their premium modules (horses, riding scripts, trench coats, script functions, tilesets, etc) into the core game for everyone to mod with. If you thought the mod community was great before, wait till everyone gets their hands on these. Sadly, though, this is officially the FINAL patch Bioware will do. The final build may be out by now, idk. When I was last on the forums, they were releasing like the 15th beta with a few fixes.

Regardless, NWN even gives all the MMORPG critics (like myself) a chance to run their own by way of creating persistant worlds for other players to join and play through like any other MMO.

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Diablo didn't need to be a MMO it was better than that.

3. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I agree with both Vorak and Grimm. I know locally you can pick up NWN Diamond (both expansion packs, plus some creator-made modules), for around $20. That's a rally low price to pay for what you're getting. It'sn't as pretty as NWN2, but it's far more enjoyable.

4. team a

team a New Member

I played WoW for a year and a half, and quit about a week before the expansion. I had a level 60 hunter and 60 priest on Gilneas, with some pretty decent epics. It took a lot of time, but I had really bad insomnia back then, so it worked for me. I did a lot of PvP, which was the only real reason I played, but I also played Alliance (having no friends with decent level Hordes) so I suffered on a daily basis.

I started playing with a few friends, but I couldn't keep track of them in WoW, only real life. In the end, I met people in the game, and that worked pretty well. Eventually became guild master until all our 60s joined a raiding guild... it was kind of a mistake. Even though I liked all the new people, I missed the old guild too much, but there was nothing for me to do if I went back. That plus alliance being awful is why I quit. A few months after that, I started modding Arcanum again (after only screwing with WorldEd about 4 years before) and I've been at it ever since.

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I was a guild master for about 4 weeks, but it was only because my friend who had started the guild left with his main toon. Essentially, noone respected me in the guild because I was this new guy with a highest level character of 43 at the time, and ended up dissolving the guild when everyone began to leave.
    I'm sans guild on my main character, mainly because I hate dealing with all of the shit. I joined the guild my one friend had left his guild for, and got nothing but smart-ass remarks from the higher ups. I helped people out in the guild, and I brought new members in, and all I wanted was some friggin' advice on where to get mageweave cloth to make some damn shirts. I figured if I asked a 70 priest, they'd be able to tell me the best spot in the area to grind for cloth. I was wrong, because as soon as I asked I was hit with "Why are you asking me? Get someone your own level." Then I was demoted to initiate in the guild (right after that happened) and left.
    The moral is; don't join a guild because one person you know is in it.
    After getting a sour taste in my mouth from all of that happy horse shit, I started playing Fallout hardcore and figured I'd try learning how to mod Arcanum finally. Right now, I'm only good at playing fallout.

Our Host!