Weird thing...read all about it here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FluffyLittleRabbit, Dec 8, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

Hey...I got this saved game(furthest in the game)..and whenever I travel the world map it crashes, while in other saved games it doesnt crash!?!??! Whats wrong lol anyway that character is not very good, missed quests, and etc. I think I'll start a new game. So what character should I have...a tough talking elven mage? A gun wielding dwarven technologist? An intelligent ogre fighter? Any cool suggestions?

2. Mael

Mael New Member

how about going against the nature of the race
    like an elven techie or a dwarven mage, a half-ogre tech etc

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

4. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

Hey you know races like halflings and gnomes are hard to play. they always get scars and cant fight very well(for me). Races I've never played before: Halfling, Human, Half-Elf, Half-Orc
    Question for u guys: Why play Half-Elf when u have Elf? Why play Half-Orc when you have Half-Ogre?

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Half-elves have so much more style than elves. They also have more moderate racial bonuses, so I prefer half-elves over elves. Half-orcs get 2 ranks of melee and dodge - half-ogres don't, so that means that half-orcs save 2 points on skills that can be put elsewhere. May not seem like much, but you never know...

It's also easier to find armour for half-orcs than it is ogres. They are also usually intelligent (half-orcs that is). Half-orcs, half-elves and halflings are my favourite races in the game. Oh, and dwarves :smile:.

6. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

wierd...
    why there are no lings if there are HALFlings? :smile:

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Here's a crackpot theory that I just whacked together quickly:

A person is a being. Seeing as 'halflings' are very small, about half the size of a normal person, they are a half-being...but not one likes being called a half-being, and you can't say halfing, so it is halfling. Also, it may have possibly been derived from the term 'ling', a 'ling' being the average sized human, therefore a very short being would be called a 'halfling'.

How much more crackpot can you get, while still staying close to the realm of believability?

8. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

9. Oyarsa

Oyarsa New Member

Talk to my level 36 Halfling grenadier. Between being a master thrower, having seven followers, possessing the aerial decapitator, and seven ranks of explosives he's never been scarred and is a serious battlefield threat (most of my melee followers never get a shot in on the enemy).

1/2 Elf -vs- Elf? Different reactions, tech/magick balance.

1/2 Orc -vs- 1/2 Ogre? Intelligence, although a 1/2 ogre JOAT is quite fun.

10. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Dammit, that's MY character you're describing. Stop trying to claim him for yourself.

11. Oyarsa

Oyarsa New Member

Quite your griping. I've got Virgil, Sogg, Jayna, Magnus, Worthless, Jormund, & a Medical Arachnid for followers. And I've added the Electrocution Grenade to my arsenal. I'm now building up my Chemistry ranks. And I'm returning to Qintarra by way of the Dredge after a sojourn in Caladon and Roseborough.

Do you find yourself relying more on grenades or the AD for combat?

12. Sheriff Fatman

The AD is great for quick killing of those annoying easy-medium critters that just show up to hear the *bong* noise.

Any thing harder and I use grenades. Molotovs are my mainstay and electrics for the ones with high FR. Concussion grenades also kick arse.

I use stun grenades on occasion. They're great for when you're being attacked by a group near a chest. You can't use too many grenades and risk the loot, so I stun 'em and decapitate them while they are helpless.

I've not tried the smoke grenade variants. They sound cool (paralysis grenade :smile: ) but I never got around to it.

My party is only slightly different from yours. No arachnid. No Jormund. I believe I have P. Smythe (haven't got round to ditching him yet, saving his place for F. Payne) and Vollinger (his chemistry set is stinky but useful, and I love to see the cool firearms, even though I can't throw them far).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sheriff Fatman on 2001-12-08 11:19 ]</font>

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I've really got to try a thrower one of these days...

14. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Sheriff a hint for you-F.Payne sux hard.Tried him,got pissed off,killed him.That asshole loses ammos (a bug?)

15. Chryssalis

Chryssalis New Member

I suggest.. playing

:minigun: GOD OF THE AUTOMATONS! :minigun:

yes. GOD of the automatons. Muahahahaaa.

ITs damn fun..TRUST ME. Wal;king into a room with about 12 enemies and watching your littel robot army hacking each ande very last enemy into discombobulated massses of goo.

16. Sheriff Fatman

Sounds like fun. Currently I just wait for dog to stop howling long enough to bite someone in half ...

Thanks for the tip Maniac, I'll take a leaf out of Milo/Calis book and put him on trial ... er ... try him out for a while.

Our Host!