We sadly lack ToEE screenshots...

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by DarkUnderlord, Jul 28, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Does anybody here actually play ToEE anymore? If so, we'd really, really like some screenshots to add to our currently dismal collection.

We don't need captions or anything exciting, just screenshots of all the sorts of things you might bump into in ToEE. So take as many as you like, select your best ones and upload them.

I've enabled user uploads for that gallery - though approval is required before the images are seen publicly. So if you upload something, let me know via a post here and I'll make sure to check the gallery and approve it.

Just follow this simple process:
    1. Go here: http://www.terra-arcanum.com/gallery/upload.php
    2. Hit "Browse" and find the files you want to upload on your PC (you can upload 5 files at a time).
    3. Hit upload.
    4. Let it upload the files (takes some time depending on your connection)
    5. It'll say if it was successful or not.
    6. If it was, click continue. If it wasn't, go back and try again.
    7. Put in a title and description for the image.
    8. Hit continue.
    9. Repeat until all images are done.
    10. Let me know via a post in this thread here or via our contact us form so I can approve them.
    NOTE: You do NOT need to be a registered user in order to upload to the gallery.

2. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

much as i would love to help, ToEE will not work for me. no amount of patches or swearing has produced a response, so it now sits on the computer desk mocking me.

3. Bunny

Bunny New Member

I'll tell you tomorrow if it works, I've just got it today. I'm really afraid I'll need every single patch available, since my computer is that picky. If it's just "screenshots of all the sorts of things you might bump into in ToEE" then I might be able to help.
    (With a little help from my computer friend...)

4. Nukenin

Nukenin New Member

i'll have to remember this the next time I play (and make substantial progress). I last played a week ago (taking a break from Arcanum) and I realized one of my big beefs with ToEE...

In a tabletop D&D game, does the DM lay out a huge town map for the "visiting town" action and force the players to move miniatures around that map to represent every little mundane footstep they take? Furthermore, does he force the players to only be able to move their miniatures so many inches at a time instead of straight from point A to point B?

I love ToEE in combat. I love ToEE in dungeon (moathouse/temple/whatever) exploration . I absolutely dread ToEE in the towns. My ToEE playtime is always killed when I return to town after a successful jaunt in the moathouse/wherever.

The fact that most of the town quests are of the FedEx or go talk to A then B then back to me variety just makes town visits all the more excruciating.

(This isn't unique to ToEE--heck, it's a complaint I'd voice about Arcanum too--but for some reason in ToEE it is exceedingly excruciating for me.)

But when/if I get over my latest ToEE abandonment, I'll be sure to try and capture a couple choice screenshots. Some of the monsters are just so well done, especially in light of how close they resemble their pen-and-paper depictions.

5. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Didn't you reward screenshots with something when the game was new, and still didn't get any, not even a tubgirl.

6. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Did you *have* to bring that up? I mean, really...

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    You mean when I got to exchange words, don't you? 0:)

I'll install the game now and spam the board with screens. Yeah. I really will.

Our Host!