Terror

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by DarkUnderlord, Sep 23, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

How was Terror?

1. It was great!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Is Terror, is good.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It was a reasonable module.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It was not so good.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. It lives up to it's name. It's bloody terrible.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

terror.zip (606 kb) (Again, I'll have to upload this myself. It's not on the net anywhere that can find. Give me some time to get around to this.)

This Arcanum Module was made by Chris Beddoes a long, long time ago. In 2001 when I had only just started looking at WorldEd, this was the only Arcanum Module around. I'll admit, things have moved on from then, but at the time, this mod was all we had.

The module itself has no lighting, meaning that if you want to see inside a building, you'll have to increase the brightness on your monitor or increase the gamma correction in game. Also, most of the dialogue is activated by examining your target, not clicking. So just be careful waving that mouse around. I also recommend you save quite often, as there are a few instant death traps lying about the place. So be forewarned about that.

All in all, it's a pretty bloody good module considering it was all there was at the time. Sure, it could probably do with a work over with some added lighting, but it's still good. The story is about the Warez Gang. I believe the story stems back to Arcanum being copied and released illegally before it was available in stores. Apparently someone got a hold of it before its official release and put it up on the net.

Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Chris for making this mod, as well as for all the other hacks and mods he's made since then. I'd actually forgotten about this module until I found it lying in a dark corner in my computer. So I dusted it off and uploaded it. I mean hey, it's an Arcanum module! Enjoy!

Be sure to check out Chris Beddoes web-site: http://www.terra-arcanum.com/~chris

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good for reference, bad for playing. :thumbdown:

Our Host!