Technologist help required!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Mercury, Dec 10, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Raise your DX and watch in amazement when the looking glass rifle gains some speed. One or two shots should take care of almost any weaker problem you may encounter.

Get some stun grenades, if you're playing turn-based. They're quite effective.

2. Mercury

Mercury New Member

This is a good suggestion, good sir. However, i have constructed myself two reflex rings which boost my dexterity by 4! I also want to master as much science branches as possible.

You are saying that the looking glass rifle can kill anything in two shots? Perhaps i should test it a bit more.

3. Wolfsbane

I said any WEAKER threat in two shots. Far from everything.
    Read better.

4. Mercury

Mercury New Member

I understood that Wolfs, it was mearly a mispelling. So, in your opinion, do you think the looking glass rilfe with two shots is better than the fine revolver with up to 5 shots?

5. Wolfsbane

Yes, but that's just me. I don't like the revolvers. They're gay.
    Except for Drocs Warbringer... mmmm...
    *Drools*
    That's a fine gun.

6. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

It's bad that revolvers cannot be armed in both hands, in spite of that they are one-handed . :cry:

7. Wolfsbane

Jeez, edit that post before Blinky and the other guys sees it...

8. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

You spamming-whore, why the fuck would you want to post such a thing?

9. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

Well, all this forum now is a big General Discussion, as I noticed. Asa you see, Wolfsbane, I edited the post. Say the same to Xz. :) You seem to think Blinky is my main dialogue partner. According to the number of my posts-replies with Blinky, you're right.

10. Mercury

Mercury New Member

Well now i am on the holy quest to find some damned armor for crying out loud. I built myself a long range pistol which is better than the looking glass rifle because i can use a shield or light. But damnit... Im wearing my chainmail from the beginning of the game. I havent been able to locate anything more powerful, the blasted mage shopkeepers dont even want to talk to me and the smiths dont sell anything. They got only medium plates :(.

11. Wolfsbane

Get the machined plate from Ashbury, or buy a bronzed plate. Both are good.

12. Bunny

Bunny New Member

He's a dwarf. That's why he can't find a decent piece of armour.

13. Wolfsbane

Travel thriugh the Gorgoth pass, kill the annoying little dude with the glass key in Caladon, and fetch the Iron Clan armor and hammer. There's no better equipment for a tech-dude (meele, that is) in the game.

14. Mercury

Mercury New Member

I finally got a dwarven plate. I, uh, borrowed it from a dwarven shopkeeper. The bad is that im ridicilously encoumbered now. However, the new machine gun which i now have makes up for that.

God, i became so pissed at those three bandits in the east boil. No mather what gear i was having they seemed to always defeat me. I just destroyed a couple of hundred brain cells by trying to kill the damned fools.

Another thing is those spiders. No mather whats my protection they always keep damaging my armor, poisoning me and taking 1/3 of my hitspoints in one turn. Then i have to waste half an hour to go back and rest.

And those golems... my melee NPCs cant attack them without destroying their weapons.

This game is wonderful and it takes the top stop of my favourite games list. However, it also takes the top spot of the most annoying games.

15. Wolfsbane

You're defeated by spiders? That's... not good. That's not good at all.

What's your level?

16. Mercury

Mercury New Member

Im not defeated by just any spiders. Im talking about the monstrous level 30 spiders. It is not a problem to kill them, the problem is that their attack is so damn powerful and it poisons you. I have to rest after a battle with a tough spider and going back all the time is extremely frustrating.

But soon they will all regret their actions, for i will come again with biger and meaner weapons! It is unfortunute that the machinegun uses 6 bullets at once though. Geting ammo is quite annoying.

17. Mercury

Mercury New Member

By the way... I went to Drenolm while having apitude 100 in technology. I noticed that a knight was slowly losing his hitpoints and his armor became more and more damaged. Is it because im so technological?

Also, i know that magick apitude increases the power of ones spells, but what does technological apitude do?

18. Wolfsbane

DON'T DOUBLE POST!!!

Um... tried to quickly change to real time and run away, and then start to shoot the suckers again? It would work, I promise.
    Don't get yourself killed by the spiders, it's too embarecing, just like my spelling.

19. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

20. Mercury

Mercury New Member

I still want the answers to my questions in the previous post.

Our Host!