Tech-Thief

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by protobob, Jun 4, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. protobob

protobob New Member

I'm wanting to play a tech-thief, but I want to do it as efficiently as possible.

Your 'traditional' thief is going to want to max out dexterity and perception.

However, once you throw in tech, you need to max Intelligence also.

I'm thinking of just doing Int and Dex, focusing on the picklock and throw skills, as well as doing the explosive tree, plus either electrical or mechanical tree.

I definatley want to max out atleast two tech trees.

Comments?

-proto

2. Aldin

Aldin New Member

If you're not picky about which two tech trees to max out, may i recommend theraputics to you? It allows you to get the stat boosts you need for short term jobs (breaking and entering, pick pocket, etc) while allowing you to limit the number of points you have to spend on stats.

3. protobob

protobob New Member

Theraputics, do the temp stat gains involved with that allow you to increase, say skill levels?

So if I need a 15 in dex to raise Throw to 4, but my dex is only 12, can I drink a potion that raises dex to 15 or above and then be able to raise the Throw to level 4?

4. Aldin

Aldin New Member

yup
    but you can't *use* that skill level unless your stat is currently high enough...
    Winston Churchill

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aldin on 2001-06-04 16:04 ]</font>

Our Host!