persuasion master

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Demosthenes, Feb 9, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

i have an evil elf debutante who wants to become a master of persuasion. the trouble is that she also wants to kill the king of caladon. is it possible to do both and is there an order i have to do it in?

2. cadaver

cadaver New Member

The Master Of Persuasion, Edward Willoughsby, can be found in Tarant at 19 Pickwick Alley – The Willoughsby Residence. (Note – he will be away until after you find the elven city of Quintarra in the main plot). He will then ask you to meet him at the City Hall.

For him to train you as the Persuasion master, you will need to get Caladon to join the United Kingdom with Tarant. Edward will give you notes detailing what your bargaining points should be.

Once in Caladon, you need to meet up with his representative outside, who will warn you not to speak to the lobbyists.

You can speak to the lobbyists in the hall and find out what they have got to offer, this opens lots of options for “fringe benefits� as part of the negotiation.

During the negotiation, you can choose many options, combinations of which will result in a more beneficial result to yourself and Tarant (or potentially disastrous).

After the successful negotiation, you can talk with Edward Willoughsby outside, who will confer the Master status on you and give you a sizable amount of gold. You also gain a reputation as a great negotiator.

and I think that you can do then the assasin mission but I am not sure ('cause I never did it)

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I think you can do the assassination quest. I did the negotiation and the quest to kill the king in my book remains active. But I haven't done it myself yet, I prefer walking the good path for some reason...(maybe I'm just a softie :) )

4. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Once you get the ambasador rep, places in the castle are easy to access. If you kill the king, you will be atacked on sight in Caladon. Do the assanation after you are through with Caladon. And I do mean finished. Then, when you are done with Tarant, set off the Orc riots. :D

5. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

is setting the orc riots loose an evil quest? i know it is definitely evil in my mind, but i wonder if you get an evil alignment shift for it.

6. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I hope so, you get good points for getting Throg out of that mess.

7. Zorque

Zorque New Member

I think if you take the quest then set off the orc riots you botch it.

8. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

But if you set off the riots, the Orcs depopulate Tarant.

9. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

10. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I didn't say this was a problem. But you do need to make sure you are finnished with Tarant before you set it off.

11. Whitebird

Whitebird New Member

unified kindom quest

How do you get Willougby to send you on the Unified Kindom Quest?
    He keeps turning me down saying he needs someone of the highest skill. well, I am an expert in persuasion and a level 19 intellligence. What more does one need?

12. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

5 full points in persuasion & Expert training. 4 3/4 points in not enough.

Our Host!