^ Patch ^

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Rane, Oct 23, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Rane

Rane New Member

Hey, does any body know where I may be able to download a Un-official (Fan-Made) Patch for Arcanum ? e.g To speed up the game, fix bugs, add items, skills etc.

2. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Dude. Just get the official patch, then you can get hacks added on later. If you are really adamant about it, fuck I might even be able to convince myself to custom do them for you. Of course if I like what I do it'll probably end up in one of my mods anyway, but still... Of course, I'm only offering because of your impressive use or the razz emoticon. :razz: :razz:

3. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Look at my sig.

4. Rane

Rane New Member

Blinky969, I already did apply the latest Arcanum v1.0.7.4 patch & and its still slows down after about 30mins playing and it slows down when I fight multiple enemies at once ...

But anyhow if you do feel like making a custom just for me :razz:, go ahead, thanks - I'll be greatfull.

5. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Raine, check out Da real Asrudin's bugfix pack here:

http://users.raketnet.nl/renevandepol/

But as for the slowdown problem, the best, perhaps the only, solution is more video memory. A 64 meg card hardly stumbles at all in Vendigroth with a party of 10. A 16 meg card will slow down in Tarant with a party of 4.

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    And to add another angle to your slowdown problem, is your computer properly cooled? If not, you may very well experience troubles like this one, because if the fucker breaks out in a sweat, it will run slower.

Do you also experience being thrown out in the OS/Bluescreens often? If so, you should definately take a closer look at those fans. Maybe you need stronger ones?

Oh, and cleaning the computer from dust may also help :)

7. Rane

Rane New Member

Thanx,

Dark Elf where would I be without you ? :razz:

Thanks Again :lol:

8. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Shoot me a PM with what you want in specifically. I'm working on 2 mods and 2 books right now, so I don't feel like brainstorming too many ideas. But if you give me an idea what you want, like a super axe, or a magic gun, then I could send you a copy, with directions to install. You would also need to work with me getting it to work in your game. But if you're interested let me know what you want.

9. Rane

Rane New Member

Thanks Blinky :razz:

Your working on two books ? What are they about ? In game guides or something ? :D

Anyway... Thanks for the offer, I've "shot" you a PM ...

Peace :hippy:

10. Balint

Balint New Member

If your game's running slow, it could be the result of any number of other issues. Take a look at your total memory, and what programs are running in the background. (Windows Task Manager will show these.) Try to close as many as possible, without intefering with Windows itself, of course. ;) And run your defragmenter. Those might help.

Our Host!