my dilemma

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Demosthenes, Mar 20, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

i have a melee dodge battlemage who is facing a dilemma. he has just arrived in qintarra and got jormund. this is the first character who has freed him and he looks interesting, so id like to keep him. problem is, hes level 20 and im 34. the other issue is that i have too many followers and theyre getting redundant. as much fun as it is to have sogg and chukka, theyre not doing much. dante isnt doing much except in really major battles when virgil cant heal everyone. dog isnt doing anything unless i cant handle combat. so this is my dilemma: my computer is running slowly because of too many follwers, and i dont need all of them, who do i drop? chukka is level 28, dante is level 24, jormund is 20, sogg is 33, virgil is 34, dog is 34. right now, my inclination is to drop chukka and dante because they are at much lower levels than sogg and virgil. virgil and sogg also have better reactions to me. this would leave me with virgil, sogg, dog, and jormund. still kinda large, but better than 6.

what would other people suggest?

2. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I like large parties even when they cause slowdowns. I prefer Sog over Chukka, mostly for his knowlege of every bar in Arcanum. Jormund is interesting & his spells are handy in a pinch, but he has no personality. If you keep him, a trip under the dark helm gives his MA a needed boost. While you won't run into this, Dante's higher MA means his Major Heal will heal techies far more often than Vergil's. I would not trade Vergil for anyone. Except maybe Raven.

3. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

i havent completed the taxes quest yet, so im going to go do that and return dante to the king. ill return chukka to bates. at the moment, thats all the people im going to drop, but later on i might get rid of dog because of computer slowdowns.

Our Host!