My Awesome Year

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zanza, May 20, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Lets recap our year so far guys. So far my last grandparent died to multiple strokes, a dear friend of mine died in the quake at Christchurch and today I was just told my dog died. Throw all this on top of the fact this is my final semester of Uni and its turning out to be one real peach of a year.

2. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I received confirmation that I graduated from supervised probation to unsupervised probation in January. That was big news at the time.

My confirmation was actually signed nearly a month earlier--so my graduation occurred in December--but the lethargic arm of the law ensured that they'd get another month of supervision fees out of me and curbed an all-too-enthusiastic welcoming of the new year.

3. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Ouch, sorry about your dog.

4. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

That is rather icky... sorry Zanza. Now, onwards to the shitty life zipper contest:

One of the girls I was crushing on is terminal with cancer (though presently doing well and sleeping with other people), the other one should be having her first kid in a few months, and my best friend is no longer talking to me/associating with me due to she and I having accidentally made out one drunken night. I just got kicked out of the last crowd of idiots that could tolerate my presence, and I've realized I'm too vested in the current career track I'm in to change industries, despite my hating my line of work/industry in general.

5. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need to prioritise where you want to go in life Darkfool. As I don't really know your situation personally I can only suggest choosing a new career path if you think you will get a more fulfilling life out of it.

6. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Lost my job, had to move back into my parents house and sell my car to make ends meet, lost my health insurance, was Raptured, turned out it was an accident and was sent back.

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Sorry to hear about it Zanza.

Currently the only similarity in our lives is that last semester of uni part, but that's only because the past three years or so have been bliss compared to the 15 odd nerve-wrecking years of drug-abusing parents and all-out madness that went before.

The deadline for my thesis is monday at noon (I've conducted a survey and checked for a correlation between good English grades and gaming habits - kids who play a lot of strategy games seem to come out on top) so now I just hope that I pass and that I get one of the jobs I've applied for.

Anyway, what I know is that there's usually a light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how fucking shitty things might seem at the moment. Hang in there, bro.

8. Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas New Member

HAVING A SHITTY YEAR ARENT WE

GUESS WHO TOTALLY CALLED IT

9. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I finally got a my dream job and it's subsequent promotion/pay increase, had some sweet vacations already (won $2000 at Vegas), and have all-around had a pretty kickass year so far.

Not trying to rub it in or anything. Negative situations aren't fixed by dwelling on them. Just sayin'... sucks to be you guys.

10. TimothyXL

TimothyXL New Member

In a few months I'll get kicked out of college and, as I'm not really qualified for any REAL jobs (appearantly guides are volunteers, so thanks to some idiots I haven't got any career oppurtunities), I'll probably have to do some shitty minimum wage menial job while exploring possibilities for education.

That being said, I don't mind as long as I don't have to give up on martial arts.

11. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I hear Blackwater is about to launch a major program in the UAE. Maybe they're hiring.

12. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I'm about to launch a 12-month ass-kicking program in Afghanistan.

13. Charonte

Charonte Member

Stuck in a job where I'm doing 95%+ of the work for virtually no pay, and I can't tell my supervisors that they're lazy pricks (even if they are) as then my contract wont be renewed next year which, considering how much trouble I had finding stable work last year, would leave my chances of getting into uni at practically nil.

So, I basically have to stay where I am until they start paying decent fucking money at which point I should be able to save enough to move to other end of the state and start my BSC. Really regretting being such a lazy/sensitive little shit in year 12 now - having ~95 ATAR points and nothing to do with them on account of being an unorganised, emo little prick over the couple of years it actually mattered is frustrating to say the least.

But, I shouldn't complain too much I guess. Atleast I am working in I.T, which arguably is one of the few things I'm good at beyond science/general mechanical crap. I just get pissed off when my "superiors" sit around wanking over youtube all day and expect me to handle the 40 or so jobs that need to be done in the 4ish hours that I'm at each school every day.

14. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

School is boring. I might not get to graduate.

15. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

It feels like most of the year so far I have been either preparing for/having exams or working on the experimental part of my engineering thesis.

16. DaneKoponen

DaneKoponen Member

No wonder this board is so crazy and cynical... your lives all suck :)

Well, I got carbon monoxide poisoning while at work today (whole body went numb, couldn't move my eyelids for a short while, good times), and due to a previous, even more serious condition, I might not even get worker's comp for it.

Heck, it would be great to get poisoned while working as a firefighter, then have to pay my own hospital bill for the ambulance and ER, wouldn't it?

Fun times all around!

17. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Well. Not much bad happend here. Only one of my uncles had a severe heartattack, but is doing fine now. No friends of mine had died. (I already lost circa four of them.)

Sorry to hear about your dog, Zanza.

18. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

It's alright. I'm looking at trying to pull together $60k or so in business loans (once I produce a solid business plan) and then open a small clothing website.

19. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Sorry about your canine companion, Zanza. Wow, I don't feel so bad about my life, seeing all the shit that happens to other people. Just moved into a house, got some raw materials for pipe making (for free), got some scrap copper pipes and silver wire that just so happened to be in the garage of the house I moved into, so I can get some gas money. Someone charged 47 dollars to my account through paypal, no idea how it happened, then someone else tried to take 98.23 from my account, again no idea what's going on. Filed a dispute, hoping to get at least the 47 back, considering the 98 never came out of my money. Should be getting a retro payment from the county very soon, more money for me; my medicare premiums are being reimbursed, and I'm currently looking for a job that doesn't involve serving people or dealing with communication. I have internet again, obviously, but I think I have a new IP. So far this year has been kinda blah. Court date, weed charges, moving, being out of money too damn soon...harumph.

20. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Well. It seems that I have spoken to soon. I have just heard that a friend of mine has died. While they pumped him empty, (because of an O.D.) he died of kidney failure.

Rest in peace, Frankie. :cry:

Our Host!