Mulitple Arcanum Stoylines

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Traax, Nov 2, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Traax

Traax New Member

okay, im new here, infact I never knew there was a forum dedicated to this game. First of all I have to say I'm a huge fan and I think the game is great (dispite its many bugs) Anyway recently I found the game in a box I had somewhere and began to play again, so what if the graphics were old, the plot is awsome and there are so many different ways to play. This time around I didnt want to play properly, I wanted to cheat and just check out all the cool moves etc. So i went on a hunt for mods, patches and saved game editors ( I got a lot of them) anyway all the mod people had made I thought "why don't people all get together and re-make it (there IS a world editor so I guess its possible. Then I came across this place and see theres already one being made, but then I also read that it was cancled because of a complication.

Anyway. My idea is to make it similar to the first however with different charaters, towns, npcs etc. However when the crash happens from then on the actions you do in the game influence who you are, so if, in the end your a good person then for the final battle you are the good guy (forget his name sorry, its been a while) and visa versa if you do bad things, also if your kinda neutral and do both you should (just as in the first) be a person mistaken to be the chosen one. In every ending I think your opponent (unknowingly) should be someone who was in the crash with you and also survived due to devine intervention and also had a long jurney to find out who he/she was mean to be (eg good/evil/ or both of them show up if your neutral). perhaps you didnt know this person survived and you meet him at regular intervals during the game, maybe they try to sway you to their side (when your ailliance to one side is stronger than to the other).

Also things like becoming a pickpoket shouldnt make you evil and becoming healing inclined shouldnt make you good. It should be based upon things like npc's you befriend (are they good or bad), quests such as killing without good grounds, helping someone you (based upon information youve attained from the npc) genually do not think is good. Anyway, its late and i got very excited at the prospect of another Arcanum.

Good night All!

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    So, what you are saying is that your alignment determines who you become, ie good characters become the avatar for Nasrudin's reincarnation whereas evil characters turn into Kerghan? Does the WorldEd support character swapping?

Anyway, good luck with that. It's an ambitious project and you really need a good, solid team for it to work out. It's a sad fact that most mods end up undone, but there you go.

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Besides which the best modders tend to work alone on their own projects. Nobody has ever relly gotten a combined project to work.

Of course that may change when DU finishes Fan Made Fallout, but that could take some time yet.

4. Traax

Traax New Member

I wouldn't consider it a project just yet, I've tried using the world editor before and just confused myself. However dirfting around this site I did see a few good tutorials. But, if I manage to see how things work i might get a start on it :) I have a few good firends who are always interested in stuff like this.

In respones to your reply, Yeah thats kinda what I'm getting at with your alliinement. However I don't think it should be that easy, if you think about it, when people portray jesus they see a man who helped everyone without any concern for himself and the devil as a person whos only intent in this existance is to kill and spread misfortune.

SO. To become good inclined, you should have to do helping quests and cure people of being werewolves etc. and to become evil youd have to do things like corrupt people, massacre villages and towns etc. Because when you think about it, gods are supposed to effect people on a wider sort of scale no on a small one such as learning "good" magic. Also (just thought of this) the more evil (or good) you become you should begin to gain demigod like power (seeing as your gonna end up a god) so for evil people they would get spells that corrupt peoples minds (you would be given choices on how you would want to corrupt them such as, overthrow a king, burn a farmhouse down, backstab their state) and then as you become more evil you could destory things on mass scale (or something similar) and good would get healing spells and later one damageing ones ( how else would good defeat evil, but I geuss it wouldnt be on such a large scale as evil. No one ever said the path of light was an easy one eh?)

Anyway, peace.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our Host!