Modding Skill-Related Statistic

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by San_Gue, Jul 3, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. San_Gue

San_Gue New Member

As said in the post subjet, do someone know where the relation between skill and their own statistic is coded?

Wanted to change Haggle from Will Power to CHarisma and Persuasion from CHarisma to Will Power.
    No .mes nor .scr are related to that as far as I verified...

Anyone knows?

Thanks ^^

2. Nataku

Nataku Member

According to me, it's compulsory on the rules folder but I have no idea of which file controls that :/
    Is it so important for your module ?

3. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

This is hardcoded in Arcanum.exe

#BS required for skills (look for BS number in stat.mes)#
    001B6F04 Bow
    001B6F08 Dodge
    001B6F0C Melee
    001B6F10 Throwing
    001B6F14 Backstab
    001B6F18 Pickpocket
    001B6F1C Prowling
    001B6F20 Spotrap
    001B6F24 Gambling
    001B6F28 Haggle
    001B6F2C Heal
    001B6F30 Persuasion
    001B6F34 Repair
    001B6F38 Firearms
    001B6F3C Pick Locks
    001B6F40 Disarm Traps

4. San_Gue

San_Gue New Member

@Nataku: No, serched almost all files that made sense with their filename and found nothing at all

@Drog Alt:
    I thought so but I was unable to find out how to trace skills and stat and where the link between the firsts and the seconds is coded...

I' ve serched for the Hex Values you gave me into the Arcanum.exe and foun no istances for those values...
    Neither I' ve fo0und anything useful in the Stat.mes:
    BS numbers where from 0 to 7 or, for shortened version, from 500 to 507..
    I seriously can' t understand what am I supposed to do with those numbers...

A little more help?

5. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

I'm sorry for posting that. That info wasn't meant for mentally handicapped ones.

6. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

@San_Gue

Are you using the UAP or just Arcanum 1074? Different versions mean different hex values so that might be why you can't find it.

7. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

It's irrelevant, the UAP is based on 1.0.7.4.

8. San_Gue

San_Gue New Member

@Drog Alt: I' ve wrote a fair long post to respond you but at the end I' ve decided it was best to leave out and report you to the moderators;
    For one, though I'd like to remind you that the section of the forum is called "Modding and Scripting Support" and not: "insults anyone who knows less than you" ...
    Otherwise I could insult you on so many of those topics, from your lack of manners, to name just one, that the maximum characters of a single post may not last me ...
    Thanks for nothing and take care, or not ... ^ ^

That said, I would appreciate anyone who could explain to a noob who I am and know to be, what mr. good manners wanted to share with us poor mortals.

@Pidgeon: I'm using the UAP; if that make any difference, how can I solve the problem?

Thanks ^ ^

9. San_Gue

San_Gue New Member

So? No-one can help me?

I' m pretty sure someone should know how to like Drog pretended to do...

10. Gildorn

Gildorn Member

@San_Gue: Take heed and warning. This forum is full of bastard-heads and trolls that like to insult newcomers. You can read it in the main forum rules or something.
    I went through the same situation as you the first time I wrote. Well, someone should forgive me I was ignorant about the forum rules and didn't have time or care to read it. The rules say something as "We are bastards to newcomers..", the thing I encountered for the first time I entered this forum. AFAIK, all other forums I registered to didn't (and doesn't) approve of flaming, the act worthy of warnings (and if these are neglected, then ban) etc. The reason I came to the forum was that one of my best friends recommended it me to be the best forum for Arcanum.

About the "bastard-heads".. please, dear polite members of forum, don't take it personally - it didn't belong to you.

About Drog, it is one mystery. I can't seem to place him. Some say you have to catch him in a good mood... He's indeed done much for development of Arcanum, but does it mean he has to be rude to everyone? Maybe he should retire?

As for me, you'll have nothing ill from me, and also nothing ill from some people you can trust. I for example give my trust (at least for now) to rroyo, Muro, DarkFool and possibly jojobobo.
    Welcome to the forum if nobody invited you yet. :)

As for the code and programming of Arcanum, sorry I can't help you.
    But let's ask... maybe there's someone like Drog who delved once into Arcanum code and managed to do some changes... the one more likely to help you.

11. San_Gue

San_Gue New Member

@Gildorn
    For first, thank for the welcome.

Secondly, yes, I read the rules and the one that you mentioned:
    But the fact that a rule is in force does not mean you like it.
    I have to respect it, so as not to be thrown out, nothing more nor less, and that' s why I didn' t flammed him back ^^
    But that doesn' t change facts: that guy is still a illmannered, that the rules allows it or not.

That said I hope that one of those people you mentioned, want to help me, otherwise I' ll wait ...

Thanks again, Regards.

Our Host!