LOTR Books vs. LOTR Movies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tournesol, Mar 23, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Which do you prefer?

1. The Books

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Movies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I haven't read the books

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I haven't seen the movies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I know nothing of it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

NO, he wrote it to develop his elven language, so it would fit into silmarilion.

Milo the LOTR books is the best i have read EVER, i truly recomend you to read them, it gets better in the end, just get past the first 200 pages and it is so exiting that yo cannot put it away.

2. DrFraud

DrFraud New Member

I didn't watch the movies, mainly 'cause I didn't like the books. I enjoyed The Hobbit a lot, but The Fellowship of the Ring was so deadly dull that I gave up on it after about fifty pages.

3. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

I have heard that from to many people now, just get past the hundred first pages and the book is great, sure if you would like to drop out on the best reading experience in the world go ahead.
    It is the best book ever.

4. DrFraud

DrFraud New Member

Life is too short to read any book where the first hundred pages are terrible when there're literally hundreds of books that I liked all of. I tried forcing myself to read boring books when I was a kid (Also Sprach Zarathustra, The Wealth of Nations, etc.), and all I got out of it was less time for reading interesting stuff like Huckleberry Finn and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

5. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Some books that didn't immediately grab me have turned out to be really special. I didn't think their beginings were actually awful though, so maybe that's where it differs.

I voted books. The films were nicely done, but there's just no way of condensing all the great things in LoTR into a movie (or set of movies) of tolerable length.

6. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

here's an interesting concept, can anyone think of a book/series of books that have been converted into a movie and was, for lack of a better term, a faithful conversion..... or failing that, was just pretty good in of itself...... the only one i can think at this moment was, Stephen King's, The Stand..... which was i think the first king book that i read..... the unedited version too, where the guy fucks the dead chick without realizing she was dead, (this part's missing in the edited version that i bought at a book store after i was told i HAD to return the book or pay for it), untill he wakes up in the morning, how that book got in the school libary i'll never know.

7. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Hmm The Hunt of Red October was pretty good, both movie and book.

So that was the first book you read, a book about a guy who fucks a dead chick, explains a lot. ;)

Our Host!