Loghaire returns

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Pirate Tony, May 10, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Pirate Tony

Pirate Tony New Member

How do you get Loghaire to return to the dwarves. It's obviously possible as there is a negative result in the summary. So how do you get him to go back

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

You need two points in persuasion and above normal Intelligence, I can't remember the exact number, its about 10 or 12 I think. Then when you go to his son Randver, ask about why Loghaire left, this should lead to some new dialogue options.

3. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I think you need an intelligence of 14 or higher to understand the dwarven philosophy.

4. Vorak

Thanks for that. I didn't think that it was that high.

5. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

As far as I can remember, IN 9 is enough. And 2 points of persuasion, I think...

6. Wolfsbane

7. Vorak

Don't worry, you've been here longer than him, you don't have to justify yourself.

8. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Dont forget about the Stone & Shape conversation with his son.
    Click here for more details.

9. Wolfsbane

... That was exactly what I meant with dwarven philosophy...

10. Vorak

11. Wolfsbane

Damn it Vorak, stop being bloody smart all the time. I like arguing, no matter who it is.

12. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

Well, actually it's more like 10. And in case you're planning to be persvasive at all, you might spend 3 points and convince Randver to let you straight through to Loghaire. I'm not sure but I think you get some exp that way too.

13. Wolfsbane

No, I'm sure it's 14 or perhaps even 16, 'cause I've tried with lower INT and was not successful in convincing him that I was wise enough to understand it. And entering the dredge is better than just passing through the throne: weak beasties and a fuckload experiance. So go with the dredge.

14. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I thought it was 12, but I haven't done that quest in almost 2 years, so maybe I don't remember what I'm talking about.

15. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

It's 10 alrihgt, just tried it.
    -- What follows is a bit of a spoiler, makes the game a bit technical
    ===========================================

To be exact, after talking some bull you get an option to ask why was Loghaire so ashamed, then to say this:
    Now i dunno if it has any effect, but i always ask randver to clarify as much as possible, to make sure my not so bright char gets it right. Also that line dosent seem to have any persvasion requirements. I did it with an elf with persvasion of 1. You need 2 to get him to let you straight through to loghaire.

16. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

That's why I always persuade myself into Loghaire's little campsite, then fight my way out of the dredge.
    I never really had the problem with talking my way past Randver, because my char always had an intelligence above 14 and persuasive skill of four at expert by the time I got to the mines.
    Anyway, when you're talking to Loghaire, make sure you've spoken with Randver about "Stone and Shape." You'll get to a point in the conversation with Loghaire about how he feels he betrayed his people, and you HAVE to respond,
    "But it was a betrayal of shape, not of stone.
    Something like that. Then he'll get all "how do you know of the stone and shape", and you answer how you talked to Randver, and eventually, he'll say something like
    "But I can't do anything to help my people, you need to go out and do this"
    To which you respond
    "No, this is not my responsibility, YOU must return to your people and show them the way"
    And then he'll get all emotional and say "By Alberich! You're right!" And he'll return to his people, as well as give you a nice axe. Probably the best axe in the game, provided you're good and a dwarf.
    I left out a few details because I don't want to ruin this for you, but if you're really worried about it, then just save right before you talk to Loghaire, and reload if you make a mistake. Yup.
    By the way, The_Bob, is there something wrong with your keyboard, or are you intentionally typing a "v" where there should be a "u" in persuasion?
    (Yes, I can see the other "u"'s in the rest of his post.)

17. Maximus

Maximus New Member

You think the 'Harrow' axe is the best in the game? Its a decent axe but the pyrotechnic axe kicks its butt any day of the week. I'm also wondering if there's a bug in Harrow that doesn't give its dwarven bonus, cause I've never noticed a difference.

18. Vorak

I've never gotten it with a good dwarf, so it always has 0 damage, making it the worst weapon in the game.

19. Wolfsbane

Why have the 10 INT never worked for me? I've gone there with 13 and failed as hard as ever... Damn it, there's something wrong with my arcanum.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Perhaps if you paid more attention to which responses you use?

One does tend to fall into a pattern whether or not he realizes it. Perhaps out of habit, you keep clicking on the same responses? Take a moment and choose carefully, or try a response that you'd normally ignore.

Our Host!