lag locations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flamethrower, Dec 17, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. flamethrower

flamethrower New Member

these places are most scary place in world of arcanum.

1. T’SEN-ANG
    2. VENDIGROTH RUINS (outside of ruins)

here's some tips to get rid of it.

*in T'SEN-ANG, just hurry up and go in to M’in Gorad's gave. once you're there, you're safe from the lag attack. then steal/talk/kill M'in Gorad to get the frekin' information. thank god T'sen-ang isn't a big place!

*In VENDIGROTH RUINS, just rush into the ruins. once you're inside the ruins you're safe from the lag, just fight your way to the device and get outta the ruin. also be warned about the lags outside of the ruins.

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I like T'sen Ang and enjoy exploring it...although, Z'an Al'urin's voice can be a little weird at times...very high pitched...

3. Eros Rex

Eros Rex New Member

Tarant can be kinda laggy at times also. Man I felt like I was playing Ultimia Online!

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Actually, yeah, around where the inventor/herbalist shop is it can sometimes get laggy there...again, that's usually related to my encumbrance though. I really hate the lag though, it shouldn't be happening...

You know what? Calling it lag is incorrect...lag refers to latency, it should be called slowdowns...

5. -=Thrasher=-

-=Thrasher=- New Member

You think Tarants bad! (shudders) Try spending a week in Shrouded hills, should really be called jerky Hills!

Whats with the slowdown anyway? I meen Tribes 2 runs faster than Arcanum!?!?!

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Shrouded Hills never caused any problems for me...maybe you should upgrade...

7. flamethrower

flamethrower New Member

sometimes, the hidden/invisible monsters may cause the problems... and lots of other objects may cause slowdowns too. once you killed all the spiders (include hidden) spiders, there would be less lags.

NOTE : if your PC are self-checking, slowdown always happens. good RAM can avoid these problems. i got 192 MB RAM, and i ever seen slwodowns randomly happened! it only goes in one buggy place. Also Tarant never bugged me! guess who needs a RAM upgrade? 64 isn't enough! 128 is!

8. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

128!!! fuck that! i'm using 512 right now and wouldn't go lower than 256 unless you paid me to, you can NEVER have enough ram

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I'm using 256 right now. I'd only upgrade to 512 if I saw a need to - Win98 doesn't handle large amounts of RAM very well (or so I've heard). If I decided to become a Tribes 2 fanatic or started playing EQ: Shadows of Luclin then I'd upgrade...

10. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

256 works fine for me, and I run WIN 98. Buy RAM. It's cheap and makes a big difference. Install it yourself, too, for God's sake!

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, RAM is very cheap right now...I'm considering buying a 256 stick at the moment...only about AUS$50 - that equates to about US$25 or so. Not bad for doubling your RAM count...

12. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

J (tks to K) check out CWS's site for some really good deals

13. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

m, personally, I like to buy locally, but that's just me.

F

14. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

local's good K, but if you can get it cheaper from somewhere else why wouldn't you?

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You also have to take into account shipping costs and my lack of a credit card :smile:. Thanks for the tip though M. I agree with you about buying locally as well K :smile:. Makes warranties less of a hassle.

16. -=Thrasher=-

-=Thrasher=- New Member

Ok guy who said I need a RAM upgrade, is 250 enogh? This should be good enogh for arcanum methinks. But it isnt, im not the only one with a decent PC that gets these probs, theres a PG gaming mag called PC zone that run comps better than mine and still get slowdon in arcanum? Even with a screen full of monsters my comp shouldnt slowdown much?

17. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

The game is known to have graphics problems because it uses certain Windows defaults or something like that...I'm no expert, but I think that under certain conditions, no matter how great your computer is, some things will perform the same for everyone...just like D2 is capped at 25 fps...

18. flamethrower

flamethrower New Member

grrrr... you can avoid 'system self-checking-that-makes-lag problems if you got at least 128MB of ram (or 256, on win 2000)

Our Host!