Is it still worthy to make a mod in english ?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Wims, Jun 18, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wims

Wims New Member

Thanks dude. I have just changed his dialogue to the one designed for the demo.

Well, unless you have some idea to do that, i will just kindly ask players to not choose background at the beginning neither a pre-made character.

I have been modding all the day long for 5 minutes of gameplay. :roll: but the results of these hard scripts are beautiful...[/quote]

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I very much like what you wrote there.

I checked the latest version and it is indeed gone. This is great news.

Do you think it was the same faulty script that caused similar lags in your previous modules?

An a different note, there's a new bug in the latest version. There are probably some problems with recognizing the files in the data folder, because the rope and dagger lack graphics even when the data folder is where it should be.

I'm guessing the problem lies within the module rather than the data folder itself, because of the result of substituting it with the one you provided earlier: while the earlier folder worked with the previous version of the module, it does not work with the newest one.

All it would take is changing some of the background descriptions in gameback.mes.

3. Wims

Wims New Member

Ok I did not changed anything inside the mod or the folder so I guess it's because I made a 7zip archive with the whole thing and something has been messed up. I will edit links... Thanks for pointing it out...

I definitely think so. But as I have not anymore my olders mods, no way to fix it... I have changed my computer ans I couldn't back up my stuff before.

Some minutes after I wrote my post, I thought about that. Because of the scenario, I will likely removed all the background and add no one. "No significant background" for all players. I need to do it because of the plot so don't be angry. :)

I'm still working on some scripts to prevent as many bugs as I can during the execution of such scripts.

4. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

The graphics for the rope and the strange-looking dagger work fine for me.

5. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Just from the testers' feedback this sounds like fun. I makes me curious about rroyo's mod as well.

6. Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard New Member

It has been quite the journey so far. I'm excited to see where he goes with the full module.

7. Wims

Wims New Member

I mod asa i get home (I am currently intern in UNO, Geneva) 'til 2AM plus week-end almost all the day. There is nothing to do where I live so...

Since the released of the demo, I have made only like 2 minutes of gameplay for... 15 hours of modding... I have some twisted ideas which means twitsed scripts (few scripts are under 20 lines)... But it works like a charm and I prevent as much bugs as I can.

You may have a few screenshots in a week or so.

8. wayne-scales

I'm a big fan of the puzzle element; I actually had to try every single permutation of the lift's levers before it would go!

9. Wims

Wims New Member

Well, you will have good puzzles. Particulary if someone can make a certain ART file for me...

10. wayne-scales

11. Wims

Wims New Member

Well I don't really know yet. It will be a quite big mod so you can expect, I hope, a couple hours. Maybe a little more...

12. Wims

Wims New Member

Well, I have just finished to get rid of bugs for the first part of a scripted scene I am modding and I have, for the first half of the scene, 20 scripts...

I have new ideas every hour so you can expect a lot of fun !

13. Wims

Wims New Member

14. Wims

Wims New Member

Hi guys,

I have just done with the scripting of the very special scene + debug of that. The scene took me 3 days to be done and it has 37 scripts...

So the first half of the first act is now done !

Would you like this stuff as an extended demo ?

- Wim's

15. Crypton

Crypton Member

Sure, why not :)

It's nice to see someone being so enthusiastic about Arcanum after these years :) I hope that you finish this, i.e. won't vanish after a week or two...

Anyway, keep up the good work :thumbup:

16. Wims

Wims New Member

Here is the link for the extended demo !

http://www.mediafire.com/?nx8nwyz10uk78ae

Replace the data folder you have with the new one. Background are not available any more due to the scenario. I am still working on destroying the nice suit\dress you get automatically...

As I said, you will be able to go until the half of the first part of the mod. Please, report any bug.

- Wim's

17. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

For starters, when I create a new character and try to change his background, the description indeed stays at "no background" but the character gets a +6 strength bonus, a -6 beauty penalty and a -6 intelligence penalty. Feature or bug?

18. Wims

Wims New Member

I have noticed that and I'm working on it. It is a bug.

EDIT : bug fixed.

19. Wims

Wims New Member

Did anyone finished the extended demo yet ?

20. wayne-scales

It may just be me (I had to do some funny file-shifting because of Car-Arcanum), but I'm pretty sure it's bugged. There's the 'No Background' bug, as Muro pointed out, and, though I know you're aware of it, one can circumvent the entire 'No Background' feature by choosing a pre-made character.

Now, when I start the mod, I'm unconscious on an island with 'Generic Item 1A' beside me; when I walk onto a particular area of the island, I'm immediately transported to a cell, where, apparently, a skeleton manages to shout to me down some stairs and around a couple of corners, and I can't seem to find a way out. When I load the pre-saved game, however, I'm Victoria Warrington, and I start where the skeleton is, and I follow him to the captain, wherein I am put in the aforementioned cell, but without 'Generic Item 1A', obviously. I stopped trying to figure out how to escape from the cell after a few minutes, cause I was concerned that this was bugged.

Our Host!