Heroic Luck, and the benefits that accompany it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darkwalker, May 16, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

So far I've found an alien crash site complete with alien skeletons possesed of giant heads and a retro flying saucer. I searched the bodies and found a velvet painting of Elvis and an alien ray gun that does 30-50 damage.

Next, I came across a squashed peasant cadaver inside a giant godzilla-like footprint. I found an item called "Stealth Boy" which makes you look translucent and presumably aids with the sneak ability.

Lastly, I came across Bob's used car lot. Some crazy old man trying to sell rust heaps as fuctional cars, I raided his private stash and found a Limited Edition Red Ryder BB gun capable of 25-25 damage.

What have you guys come across in your travels?

Jarinor, you sent me a reply message mentioning a quest for the .223 pistol that could be initiated in the hub by speaking to someone, who is this individual and where can he be found?

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

In Fallout 1, luck has a lot to do with the special encounters. In part two, it doesn't.
    About that 223 pistol, that guy is somewhere in the south east part of one of the hubs maps. I don't remember which one. He's definetly near a green exit zone, looks rugged.

3. Milo

Milo New Member

The dude's standing inside a broken down old house immediately west of the Bob's Iguana On-A-Stick kiosk, or whatever it's called. Because of the view, he's hidden by a wall, but if you go into the house and look around you should find him.

Also, luck plays a big part in the usefulness of the Slayer or Sniper perk later on in the game.

4. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Thanks for all the info, one last question for this thread though, are the Gunrunners the pinnacle of weapons shops? Or are even better items available for sale out there?

5. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

The only better weapons are that alien blaster and upgraded plasma rifle. Providing the smith didn't die before he could upgrade it. (Boneyard)

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Sniper perk relies on luck, Slayer does not. Having Slayer means you ALWAYS get a critical hit when you hit someone.

7. Milo

Milo New Member

No way!

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, read the perk description - always a critical.

9. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

[​IMG]
    The guy you will have to talk to to get the special gun is standing on number three.
    Whatever you do however, never use walkthroughs before you have finished the game at least twice or you will ruin it.

10. Milo

Milo New Member

No way!

11. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

12. Milo

Milo New Member

No way! DAC lies!

Alright, you got me.

Our Host!