Give me proof that Im Ioo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FluffyLittleRabbit, Nov 28, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

To all Newbies:

I am the only registered user here. I am The Walrus. Goo Ga Joob.
    My rules: No discussion of literature ever again. It'll make you crazy. And thanks, Milo. Nice nesting.

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

To all Newbies:

Ignore Feldon Kane's previous statement :smile:.

3. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Oops. Sorry, Newbies. I didn't mean to send that last post from "Jarinor". You must always do what I say. I will post in different "voices", but they will always ring true in your heads.
    Again, Goo Ga Joob, and Peas Be With Stew.

4. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Jarinor, your crude attempts at distancing yourself from your Jinxed account is laughable. In what way does the "he posts different from me" claim constitute evidence? OF COURSE you're going to use a different style when on another account. I'm sure your natural animal cunning alowed you to instinctively grasp this.

I don't suppose the dumming down you do when posting as Jarinor is too difficult.

Unlike you, I wouldn't put my vocabulary up against most people on this board, since I'm only fluent in one language. I would guess Jinxed is fluent in at least two (if you don't count gibberish :p ). You can probably do the maths on that one.

Did you deliberately set out to wound me? If so, your crack about the literature degree (*spits*) was pretty near the mark! Hah! Proving you can read does not entitle you to a degree in my opinion. To which the lit graduate replies, "but I had to prove I understood what the author was saying." Hah!

Would a literature degree let me tell the difference between a lexeme and a phoneme? Would it enable me to rip apart sentences and root out those hidden elipses? No! Would it explain the mysterious need for cohesion AND coherence? No, again! Well, an English LANGUAGE degree would ... if only I had attended some of the lectures :razz:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sheriff Fatman on 2001-11-29 10:34 ]</font>

5. Zen

Zen New Member

Uh...me now afraid of to post! Me 'fraid of the litterature sheriff. Me feel not good speaking and fear whip from his syntax-corrector!

...Do a babelfish anyone have?

Good me forreign be, 'coz getting alot away with can when I am! :grin:

- Zen

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Actually, the "he posts different from me" defence is actually pretty standard and an accepted one. Do you expect someone accused of bank robbery to say that the person shown in the video footage of the robbery (assume that there is some for the point of this discussion) says "That looks like me - the resemblance is remarkable!"? Hell no you don't. You expect them to deny everything. Besides, my style is completely different from Jinxed's...although, seeing as this is only a board, no one can prove anything about who is who. Hell, I'm now going to say that I'm Reg Pither, Criton and Sheriff Fatman (because deriding myself would be the obvious way to convince other people that I'm a different person, wouldn't it Fatman, I mean, Jarinor?)

By the way, are you also saying that I'm a stupid person, and that all my posts here lack intelligence Fatman? I honestly couldn't be bothered searching through old posts for quotes, cutting and pasting and coming up with a logical defence. It takes time, and I did not have time when I posted that comment earlier.

Sorry for not distinguishing between your actual degree and the one I commented on. Like I said, I said it was something like that. I was actually trying to compliment you, but I guess it didn't turn out too well did it?

When I said pit my vocabulary, I did mean my english vocabulary, I guess I wasn't clear enough. Apologies to everyone for my arrogance, sometimes my ego gets away with itself. I shall mentally beat myself up about this incident for the rest of my life, have no fear. My own punishment will be worse than what you could dish out.

As for the English Literature degree comments (getting back to those again) yes, I hated comprehension at school, and I suck at finding the 'hidden' meaning in movies, poetry, songs or anything like that. I'm just doing a lowly Bachelor of Information Technology.

You realise Fatman, that you're post has introduced a whole new set of doubts, fears and worries into my mind. I didn't really need any more either. Now I'm really fucking depressed...I'll be going now...

7. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Well, I apologise, unreservedly and without sarcasm.

I don't feel you have anything to be depressed, self-doubtful about from you activity on this forum. Why would you? I have enjoyed your contributions more than those of most people, and maybe others feel the same.

I thought our little battle was one of good-natured razzing. I even used an emoticon to that effect (and everyone knows those little babies can't lie).

Maybe my 'razzing' went too far. It kinda reminds me of this time at school when I broke this kids arm while playing tag. Heavy-handedness is something the Fatman finds hard to avoid :grin:

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

See now, I thought you weren't being good-natured about it. I can never tell these things. If that's the case, I suddenly feel a whole lot better. Thank you :smile:. Truth be told, I enjoy a little friendly/good-natured razzing myself.

Breaking a kids arm while playing tag? That's harsh man. Not even I'm that rough with my younger sisters - they're always singing and pissing me off in various ways, so I have to hit them. Never bruised them though, it's mostly temporary pain that goes away in a few minutes :smile:. My mum yells at me when I do it, my dad yells at me when I do it at his place, they just never learn.

9. Milo

Milo New Member

See, folks? Look how one little misunderstanding can spin out of control?

It's like the time when my proctologist kissed me after my examination. Boy, did I get the wrong idea! After he explained to me that he needed to take my temperature with his tongue because he couldn't touch the thermometer because his finger was just in my butt, it all made sense. And here I was thinking he was trying to do some Funny Businessâ„¢ on me.

Or like the time when my tailor had me take out my pee-pee so he could measure it. Then to make sure my pants fit right, he had to make my pee-pee big. At first I was like, "Blaargh! What the fuck?! Stop That! You're not my Grandpa!". But after he explained it to me, it all made sense.

10. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Fortunately, I can't.

Has anyone else seen "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert"? The bathroom scene in that is absolutely hilarious...

12. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

I haven't seen that flick, but I'm a John Waters and Divine fan.
    And I'm not a screaming queen.
    Really.

*cough*

That wasn't actually a Waters film, though, was it? Didn't Divine kind of go out on his own for that one?

What was the topic of this thread?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feldon Kane on 2001-11-30 04:22 ]</font>

13. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

hey guys I just saw something even more freaky, there is this dimensional account here, that was registered before me, and this person did not post even once, think about it, here is here often, and all he does is stare. freaky.

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Two questions...

1. Relation to this topic?
    2. How do you know this?

15. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I'm adding to the topic (give me proof I'm a loo) second I always check who's online, then I klik on the Dimensional, that gives me date he registered, and number of posts. I do this often so I see he is here often at least in the past few days.

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I've never seen him on...do you keep on refreshing the "Who's on" page or what?

17. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I stay on the forum index. that's just one klik away. I keep refreshing the index alot.
    so I see if the number of online users changes if it does, it's a good lead that someone new logged or is looking at the site.

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Why do you say "klik" instead of "click". I mean, it's stupid...

19. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

sometimes I say clik or clic, or whatever. like somepeople say magick intead of magic simple. BTW: whats your problem today man!?

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

What makes you think I have a problem? If it's my tone, sorry, that was unintentional...maybe more :smile:'s are required :smile: (man, I put those in WAY too much don't it?).

Sorry, was just asking a question.

Our Host!