Getting your lights tapped out.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darkwalker, Mar 1, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Last Saturday night I was at a local bar, about a 15 minute walk away from base, enjoying a few beers with a girl I used to work with and her twin sister.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, some asshole civillian sucker punches me in the jaw with a closed pocket knife in his fist, then runs out the door. I tipped over in the bar stool I was sitting on and cracked my head on the table behind us.

I was unconscious as soon as the asshole punched me, so I didn't feel a thing on the way down. The girls said I was out for about 30 seconds. As soon as I came to I was looking for a fight, but like I said the little prick ran. The girls told me about 12 bar patrons who knew me(and some who didn't) chased after the guy.

I went to the head to inspect the damage, it was apparent I was going to need stiches. Little did I know, I also had a fractured jaw. A few minutes later most of the guys who chased the punk down were back with the good news that he had been caught and turned over to the police. The girls and I, plus about 20 other people, identified the guy and gave statements to the police.

I am pressing criminal charges in addition to the civil case I am preparing, I'm going to sue this guy's ass off. I got the stiches out today and the jaw is healing well, so don't worry I'll be as pretty as ever in a few weeks. I'm almost out of vicodone, which sucks, looks like I need to grab a 12 pack of Bass. Anyway, that's what's been going on with me all week. I don't think anyone even noticed me missing, what with DU and Sheriff returning, which is a good thing. :p

2. xento

xento New Member

Gosh! Sorry about That, Dark!

BTW, how bad are you planning on sueing him? Have an amount in mind? :grin:

3. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Not sure yet, little buddy. I 'm still searching for a good "ambulance chaser" type lawyer. I imagine somewhere around 10k is a good starting point. I wish Three Dogs was here to give me some advice. :smoke:

4. xento

xento New Member

10K? These days, that will barely fit the doctor's bill! :eek:

Speaking of ThreeDogs, I wonder where he is? He hasn't posted around here for at least half a year!

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Man, if you don't win the trial, kick this guy's ass in the middle of the night. Get a watertight alibi beforehand, work out your stories, and then beat him with a baseball bat when he least expects it.

As for lawyers, wouldn't the Navy have ones you could use?

6. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

This guy's a civillian and it happened out in town, so it has to go through San Diego's district court system. Navy lawyers can't practice in civillan courts. I'm actually glad it was a civilian, we navy guys can't sue each other. Not to worry Jarinor, I have a tremendous case against this guy. I won't lose. However, I've thought long and hard about exacting my own revenge, but then came to the realization I'd rather fuck him in the pocket book, and he'll do upwards of a year in jail. He's just a little bitch, so I figure he'll get raped at least once by a couple of mexicans.

nbrosz, I'm not worried about the medical bills. Uncle Sam takes care of that for me. I just want this asshole's money to buy beer and stuff.

7. xento

xento New Member

And we, as a country, are Uncle Sam.

If I had known that you were in the Navy, however, I would never have asked that question...

Jar, only a completely bias judge could dismiss the case with such obvious evidence and such a violent action, especially since it was unprovoked. Not to mention it is a civillian attacking an armyman (or navyman, if you prefer), which you already know, which can't go undismissed.

The only thing the bugger could possibly do is claim he was drunk or that it was "in his genes to be violent". Well, I think that, if something similar to that would happen, I'm sure Dark wouldn't mind inserting a bullet into his jeans.

Speaking of, what rank are you, Dark? Are you an officer, or a recruit?

8. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

I'm a NCO, or non-commisioned officer E-5, Master-at-Arms Second Class.

If you're more familiar with Army ranks, I'm the Navy equivalent of a sergeant.

I'm a little surprised you didn't know I was military Nick, what with all the past threads I've mentioned it in.

9. Slice & Dice

Slice & Dice New Member

Dark, is a Master At Arms close to being a Chief? Please pardon the ignorance.

10. xento

xento New Member

Sorry, but I've never read those threads... Must have been gone or just passed them over...

Hmm... Petty Officer 2nd Class?
    [​IMG]

Going for Chief Petty Officer?

BTW, my dad was in the army and made it to Staff Sergeant E6
    [​IMG]

So, as far as ranks go, you are one rank ahead of him.

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

When I finish uni at the end of the year, I think I'll probably end up joining the army. Should that happen, I'll either be commissioned as a Lieutenant or a Captain, which means I'll outrank all of you! Hahahahahaha!

That is the good thing about the armed services, join up and they take care of you while you're with them. Just have to be prepared to put your life on the line, but hey, we all gotta go sometime.

12. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Ouch, Darkwalker, that sucks. I'd put a cap in his ass. .... Figuratively of course.

What do they do about a broken jaw? I've only ever broken my arms. (Although I broke both at the same time in a car accident... that sucked very, very badly.)

13. xento

xento New Member

I've never broken a bone EVER, so I don't know what it's like. I drink lots of milk and am not the daredevil type.

Well, when I finish High School, I will probably join the army as an officer and get my collage education there. I don't know what rank I will turn out with, however. Just depends on how good I do. :smile:

14. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Yes Nick, that's my rank. However, instead of two crossed anchors above the eagle I have a star on a shield. Also, to make a correction on the above, your Dad outranked me, E-6 is higher than higher than E-5. How long was your Dad in for?

15. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Master-at-Arms is not a rank, it's a rating or job. I'm a second class petty officer, as nick was kind enough to illustrate, that puts me two paygrades away from Chief. However before I make it that far up the enlisted ladder I'm going to try and get a commision for an officer program.

16. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Well I for one hope you do it Jar, If it's the army you join up with you'll start your commmision as a 2nd Lieutenant or some type of jr. grade Lieutenant. I can't remember how the Aussies do it. Here in the states the minimum obligation for officers is something like 8 years, that's if they pay for your education however. How long are you looking to go for Jar?

17. xento

xento New Member

Oh, I thought you were a rank ahead... That chart I read must have been set up wrong...

My dad was in for 7 years... Quite a long time, considering it is half of my current lifetime! :smile:

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

If I join, and if I like it, career. Otherwise, I dunno. I think the minimum period is 3 years, more if they start paying for you to do stuff. Return of Service Obligations is something like the length the training they paid for took plus 1 year. I also think that under certain conditions, when you join as an officer you can start out as a Captain. That would be pretty cool :). If possible, I'd sign up as a Computer Science Officer, if not then I'd probably join as an infantry officer. Meh, whatever happens.

19. xento

xento New Member

Aye, same here, Jar. I would probably join as some computer officer, or, if nothing else, an infantry officer.

But, not matter what, an officer. Infantryman in itself is just not good enough pay to make it worthwhile...

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Okay, you do realise that to join as a CSO, you'll probably need a degree? You can't just rock up and say "Hi I am l337, I know HTML and stuff, sign me up!" A CSO here (I believe) runs networks, so you'll have to get a degree and major in something similar. Unless, of course, you have previous experience on a large scale, which you're not going to get without a degree anyway.

Our Host!