Game sequence broken ?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by raptor, Jan 27, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are they connected to eachother in a way?

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Apart from the fact that they're both Quintarran elves and Myrth has stolen Gaylin's family heirloom... nope, they're not the least connected.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, now I know. Don't you hear something about that Gaylin is from Quintarra if you ask people for rumors?

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Nope. No elf ever tells random passers-by about the city, so for a bystander or a bartender to say, "Hey, I heard Gaylin hails from the Tree City...wherever that is," would mean they had some significance to the story...and we all know that killing in Arcanum is just like eating potato chips. Try to take just one life.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whops....I killed them both, lucky for me that I have an earlier savegame.

6. Grossenschwamm

I meant that killing in Arcanum was addictive. You can actually kill both Myrth and Gaylin with no adverse side effects as long as you get the necessary information from them first.

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Has anyone tried conjuring Gaylin's spirit? What if there's a glitch enabling you to find Quintarra already at the beginning of the game?

8. Grossenschwamm

I never thought of that...
    I've tried to talk to Myrth before I had the proper quest prompt, but he simply doesn't appear until you need to talk to him (story wise).
    However, I'm wondering what would happen if I killed Gaylin and then conjured her spirit...

9. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

It'd be easy enough to make a crappy magic char, buy the first two spells in the black necro college, buy a speed potion and a fatigue restorer in town, and kill her and see.

10. Grossenschwamm

I just did.
    She doesn't reveal anything.
    I kill her, and then conjure the spirit.
    And there you have it.

11. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

In case anyone is interested, here's the full conjure part of her dialog:

{164}{Agh! Noooo!}{Agh! Noooo!}{}{}{}{}
    {165}{}{}{}{}{}{}
    {166}{}{}{}{}{}{}
    {167}{}{}{}{}{}{}
    {168}{}{}{}{}{}{}
    {169}{}{}{}{}{}{}
    {170}{No! Augh! The pain... Why have you brought me back? [She moans as if in pain.]}{No! Augh! The pain... Why have you brought me back? [She moans as if in pain.]}{}{}{}{}
    {171}{Tell me how to get to Qintarra!}{}{5}{ss8, ss-8}{178}{}
    {172}{Tell me wer Keentarra be!}{}{-4}{ss8, ss-8}{178}{}
    {173}{What are you doing in Shrouded Hills, elf?}{}{5}{ss-7}{188}{}
    {174}{Why elf be in Shrowdy Heels?}{}{-4}{ss-7}{188}{}
    {175}{Aha! I have killed you once more Gaylin!}{}{5}{ss 9}{}{fl 197}
    {176}{Ha ha! You be ded 'gain Gayleen!}{}{-4}{ss 9}{}{fl 197}
    {177}{F:}{}{1}{}{0}{}
    {178}{Noooo! I cannot! [She moans again, as if her pain has increased.] Its location... It is a guarded secret... Must not tell...}{Noooo! I cannot! [She moans again, as if her pain has increased.] Its location... It is a guarded secret... Must not tell...}{}{}{}{}
    {179}{Tell me where it is woman! ...or I will never let you rest!}{}{5}{}{182}{}
    {180}{Tell now! Or me no let you go!}{}{-4}{}{182}{}
    {181}{F:}{}{1}{}{0}{}
    {182}{No! You cannot do that! You would not... [She cries and moans for a few moments in great agony.] I will tell you! [She explains how to get to Qintarra, and you mark the instructions upon your map.] I have given you what you want... Now show mercy... I beg of you... Release me!}{No! You cannot do that! You would not... [She cries and moans for a few moments in great agony.] I will tell you! [She explains how to get to Qintarra, and you mark the instructions upon your map.] I have given you what you want... Now show mercy... I beg of you... Release me!}{}{}{}{mm6, mm17}
    {183}{I can be merciful... Goodbye, Gaylin.}{}{5}{}{0}{}
    {184}{Uh... okay. T'anks.}{}{-4}{}{0}{}
    {185}{[You look at her with disdain.] Yes... you can die now.}{}{5}{}{0}{}
    {186}{[You look at her with disdain.] You be week! Go back be ded!}{}{-4}{}{0}{}
    {187}{E:}{}{1}{}{0}{}
    {188}{[She seems confused for a moment.] Shrouded Hills? [A moan of pain escapes her.] No... I am in... Beautiful... Qintarra. My grandmother... Great elf healer... Qintarra... so beautiful...}{[She seems confused for a moment.] Shrouded Hills? [A moan of pain escapes her.] No... I am in... Beautiful... Qintarra. My grandmother... Great elf healer... Qintarra... so beautiful...}{}{}{}{}
    {189}{Qintarra? Where is that?}{}{5}{}{192}{}
    {190}{Keentarra? Wer dat be?}{}{-4}{}{192}{}
    {191}{E:}{}{1}{}{0}{}
    {192}{[She screams in pain.] No! I will not reveal it to you! [She screams again.] It can be revealed to no one!}{[She screams in pain.] No! I will not reveal it to you! [She screams again.] It can be revealed to no one!}{}{}{}{}
    {193}{Tell me!}{}{5}{}{}{fl 196}
    {194}{You tell!}{}{-4}{}{}{fl 196}
    {195}{F:}{}{1}{}{0}{}
    {196}{[She screams in pain.] No! I will not reveal it! [She screams again.] Never! [Her spirit fades away.]}{[She screams in pain.] No! I will not reveal it! [She screams again.] Never! [Her spirit fades away.]}{}{}{}{}
    {197}{[She screams in pain.] No! You are an evil abomination! [She screams again in utter agony and her spirit fades away.]}{[She screams in pain.] No! You are an evil abomination! [She screams again in utter agony and her spirit fades away.]}{}{}{}{}

12. Grossenschwamm

Interesting...I guess my character just wasn't persuasive enough.

13. Madness

Madness New Member

Come on, persuasion is a must if you want to be just plain awesome in the game.

14. Grossenschwamm

You can be just as awesome (with fewer dialogue options) if you just run from town to town and kill everyone.

15. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

But you cannot savor the exquisite look in the eyes of a carefully cultivated friend as you rip their heart out...

16. Madness

Madness New Member

Eh, I tried killing everyone in a town before. Its just too easy, it doesn't show any skill (besides the facts that your character just killed an entire town which still isn't very hard.)

17. Grossenschwamm

True. There's nothing quite like getting someone's reaction over 200 and stabbing them in the face.

18. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

HA HA!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also an enjoyable dialog :D

20. Madness

Madness New Member

Not like there's any use in getting the Reaction high anway, except for a few followers.

Our Host!