damnest thing

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by blazer2002, Oct 4, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. blazer2002

blazer2002 New Member

i was about to finish the game and i was trying to be real good i mean i was hanging in vendigroth the i saw final of the gods quest i entered and i died THEN i pressed F8 to load the game then i shocked i found myself naked and there was a naked shopkeeper next to me and a chest in the chest there was stuff of a general shop i looked on the world map i was outside of the map and there were no tarant caladon AND NO CRASHSITE as well what sould i do :x :x :x :x and another question an elixir of persuasion gives you a skill of what? does it gives you a skill of 5 ranks master of persuasion?AND fianly my last question did anybody saw the stillwater giant?

2. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Elixir of Persuasion adds half a point to your Persuasion skill. If you're a Persuasion Master already, the elixir won't add anything.
    Yes, the Stillwater Giant does exist. Right after solving the Stillwater Giant quest, you should have travelled south-west from Stillwater until you get a random encouter with a blue bunny. Attack it- and it morphs into the Giant.

3. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Me would think that would make your file fried like chicken.

Don't you have a second save to salvage from? Sorry I can't help more, but some deaths are real deaths, not just excersises of the F8 button.

And if you hit F7 by accident, you saved your death, which is a bad thing.

4. Wolf

Wolf New Member

that happened to me this very day except all my files were corrupted. also before this happened i had problems killing certain creatures because htere was something blocking. it was really weird. i went right up to the elf in the pits and it said there was an obstacle and i had 0% chance of hitting. also happened with gore guards and ore golems. i guess the only option you have is to make a new game

5. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

What weapon were you running? Those are quite magical critters, & your chance of hitting them with a Pyro Axe will be 0. Unless your own TA is 70% or better, then it goes up. Carry a neutral or magical backup. Use your fists, preferably with a set of Mechanized Guantlets. (Your fists are the weapons & are neutral. The guantlets add damage.)

6. Wolf

Wolf New Member

no im certain it wa a bug. i was using fine steel dagger( god i love it its so quick in realtime) on bothe enemies. i also repaired the game and noticed that not all my files were corrupted justthe one i used

7. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Which dagger? the ones like you get from Lloyd & the hand carry? Or the fast little red handled one? That one is a tech weapon.

I'm curoious, why not the Mechanical Dagger?

8. Wolf

Wolf New Member

actually i switched weapons a few times to see if theres a bug and no go

Our Host!