Arcanum Or Fallout 2?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Xtzchild, Sep 29, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. com2kid

com2kid New Member

Dude

Shit like that would have just meant more programing and more complexity in the animation and thus slower performance since that would have meant breaking the charecter's graphics into more pieces and thus the more detail and complexity thing stated above.

Besides.

You have a foot fetish or something?
    :p

2. com2kid

com2kid New Member

I was too stupid in RL to figure out how to complete any of the gangster quests.

So I just killed both sides.

Problem solved and I got lots of loot to boot.

w00t.

3. com2kid

com2kid New Member

Tactics sucked.

Piss poor interface. I could not even stand to play through the demo. Its turn based interface is a joke. Not even a very good joke at that. Fallout has a far superior interface to it.

I cannot truly get into a game if I keep on losing because I have to guesstimate how many
    action points movement to a certian square is going to take.

Stopping in the middle of a fierce battle to guesstimate movage just, well, sucks.

It really wouldn't have killed them to add a little light system like Arcanum has that tells you not only how many action points you have left but how many action points your proposed action is going to use up.

That and the lacking of visable squares also sucked. Arcanum got through that with the system mentioned in the above paragraph, but I still do love my hexagonal/octagonal/square squares :smile:

4. zulu

zulu New Member

;)

Fallout 2 is still the best in my mind. Tactics is bullsht. But still Arcanum kicks hard also , but in kind of different direction than Fallout 2.

5. thenightgaunt

thenightgaunt New Member

ARGH!! EVIL DECISION!! CANT CHOOSE!! FALLOUT 2 HAD INSANE HUMOR AND A DARK FELL THAT MADE YOU JUST MADE YOU SMILE, WHILE ARCANUM HAD AN INSANE ABUNDANCE OF QUESTS AND MASSIVE REPLAYABILITY!! ACK!! *head explodes*

6. Xtzchild

Xtzchild New Member

Our Host!