About Stillwater and Quinarra

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Ibar, Dec 24, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Ibar

Ibar New Member

1. wheres the pelt the elf of Stillwater wants to tell the Quintarra location?

2. I arrived Quitnarra anyways, but cant enter a passage guarded by soldiers. Anyone can figure why?

Thx.

2. Canis

Canis New Member

1) An improbable animal may be found in a showcase of the improbable.

2) Which passage? One inside the city? You need to be let in by somebody who isn't there yet because you arrived on your own. You need to have Qintarra marked on your map by somebody, you can't just go there. Complete either Myrth's or Gaylin's quest.

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Did you try talking to the elf guards at the entrance?

4. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

Tarant, look around for something that might have a bunch of weird things.

5. jankiel

jankiel Member

6. cbilge

cbilge New Member

i also have a problem with that, I was wandering around to get high levels and went to stillwater (i looked at the locations) and without knowing talked to Myrth and learned the place of Quintarra. When i was finished with the Wheel Clan quest and went to Stillwater to learn about Quintarra, Myrth just doesn't talk. i've made a lvl40 char. but the game just stuck beacuse of the f*cking bug. I'm really pissed off. Just be aware of these bugs and don't talk to anyone that is in the plot before the time comes. (To the Newbies)

7. Some Strange Man

Some Strange Man New Member

theres a workaround to that particular one.

kill or pickpocket myrth for the necklace he wears, then take it to gaylin.

8. jankiel

jankiel Member

Or kill him and use dark necromancy to get the info

9. cbilge

cbilge New Member

10. Canis

Canis New Member

Frankly I'm more interested in how you got Myrth to appear before you were done with the Wheel Clan. Anyway, if you already got Qintarra marked on the map by Myrth, why do you want to talk to him again? IIRC he's never much interested in talking after you finish his quests and get Qintarra marked, not much of a bug there.

Only lesson here is of the danger of reading walkthroughs and message boards before you've played the game.

11. cbilge

cbilge New Member

Raven doesn't appear before it but Myrth somehow did. Killing him works. And I have finished the game a zillion times before, and I only wanted some xp. No need to hate me. :)

12. trobs

trobs New Member

Here's some good advice: DON'T force Qintara. (Original poster said " I arrived Quitnarra anyways.") I had a really bad experience with this, and I've since found a number of threads at the OTHER Arc forum where people complain about the same thing: If you enter Qintara too soon, you may have a terrible time getting Caladon marked on your map. There are at least three ways to get Caladon marked, and I did all three (after forcing Qintara). In each case the NPC said they were marking it, but it never showed up.

And yes, IAP (I am patched.)

13. Canis

Canis New Member

Trobbles, who else has complained about getting Caladon marked because they entered Qintarra early? Usually they just complain about Raven not being there, or being unable to visit the Silver Lady. The real lesson here is that of the danger of walkthroughs.

You are also the only person I know who went looking for Renfield without having been told about him, and who tried to make the loggers leave without ever even meeting Raven, never mind having the quest.

*shakes finger disapprovingly*

14. mage

mage New Member

I have another question the guard in front of Mr.Bates Castle wont let my go in

Anyone now why?

15. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Talk to him and he'll give you a quest to prove yourself worthy of gaining audience - you'll have to protect one of Bates factories from a band of night-time assailants. Alternatively, you could use your persuasive skills and trick him into believing that you're one of Bates oldest friends - but note that this will only work if you've got points invested into Charisma and Persuasion. Not sure of the exact numbers, I've always got Expert training in Persuasion when I bother to receive an audience with Mr Bill Gates *cough* I mean Gilber Bates.

16. trobs

trobs New Member

Several people at the Sierra Arcanum forums have complained about having trouble getting Caladon marked. I'm sorry I can't give you exact quotes.

But Cbilge, don't get totally pissed. It really is the rule in this game that there are multiple ways to do anything, and that usually includes getting around bugs. In my game, having really screwed things up by forcing Qintara, I forced parts of the Misk story (possibly making things worse) and then finally forced the Gorgoth pass to get to Qintara, and then suddenly all was fine. Forcing Gorgoth was something of a triumph for me, it took a lot of desperate thought and searching (that is: GAMING) to stumble on the idea.

Think of yourself as beating a dungeon by trying to solve the forums and the walkthroughs, instead of solving the puzzles the developers THOUGHT they were giving you. It's just more of the same thing, only different...

Our Host!