what an awesome game!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by perriman, Jul 6, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. perriman

perriman New Member

I just finished the boot-legged version of Arcanum (yes, I know, unfortunately, I live half a world away from most of you, and over here, we are warez infested, if you know what I mean, and Lord I could not resist the temptation!!!). The only thing I can say is: THIS GAME ROCKS!!! And what a story! So full of twists and surprises! I played for an entire week, averaging about 16-20 hours a day. I've lost so many hours of sleep, and after the truly delightful experience, I know that I have still missed many, many things. I am going to play an evil character the second time around.

This game does not disappoint (except maybe for the long loading times when running around town). Fallout doesn't even come close to this game! I'm definitely getting an original IF and when it arrives here (the probability of which is perhaps 50/50, if not less).

Any one else finished the game? (this is of course, directed to those who reside in the same geographical region as I). Please post your email and let's swap quest solutions.

2. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Y'know, no offense, but you can ALWAYS ORDER THE GAME ONLINE

Gah
    stupid warez

3. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

*Starts Shaking

Ahhhhh! T-t-temp-pt-tat-tion t-too m-m-much m-m-must re-re-resist....

4. perriman

perriman New Member

Yes, now if only I was old enough to have a credit card :smile:

5. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Bah! More excuses why you steal money and use warez.

6. shadowfax

shadowfax New Member

er?

Where are you in relation to the United States, perriman?

Wow. Lucky you... finished the game already! *sigh* I can hardly wait until the game is released.

Your parents can't order the game online for you and you pay them back?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shadowfax on 2001-07-07 02:47 ]</font>

7. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

ya Probaly heard da shit e'for but ya know ya nong tha ya stalin fro te gre folk of troika?

8. perriman

perriman New Member

To answer your questions, I'm a 17 year old high school kid. I live in the Philippines. I could, of course, ask my parents to pay for it though I would probably get a good lecture for spending such a huge amount (with respect to my means) on a game. I do however, plan to get the original. The "pre-released" version has quite a number of annoying bugs, missing graphics (although I've encountered only one, so far), schematic bugs (like creating a envenomed sword when I was following the schematic for an envenomed axe!). And of course, the executable file created by the installation renders future patches not installable.

I'm allowed to splurge whenever we go on a vacation, so if the game isn't available here, I'll just get one when I come over the the United States later this year.

This game is really addicting. My second character is very much technologically inclined, in contrast to the mage I finished the game with the first time around. You can have so much fun mixing stuff to create new items and high powered weapons!

9. justin

justin New Member

I also finished the game already. The first time I went through with a good technologist, now I'm trying a more neutral mage. Great game although I think playing truly evil would be rather difficult as it would be hard to complete alot of quests. Don't bitch at me I'll buy the game when it comes out.

Our Host!