I'm alive!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rille, Dec 20, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rille

rille New Member

Realised I had yet another message board to visit. Marry Christmas everyone!

Is arcanum worth buying? Looks like there are a lot of cool scriping-tools.

2. Calis

Calis Member

Hey Rille! Long time no see on IRC. As for Arcanum being worth the money, it depends. If you can get past a number of bugs, interface annoyances and slowdowns, there's an AWESOME single player game in there. People are starting to do some cool stuff with the modding tools, too. If you read a few online reviews you'll see that the score varies wildly. Some of 'em are in the 50% region, some others in the 90% region. Many, many people like this game a lot, but others had trouble looking past its flaws. So it really depends on what you want. If you want a consistent game world with an awesome story and lots of non-linear adventuring to do (full of nasty little twists 'n turns) Arcanum is your game. If you generally get turned off by a game that doesn't have top-notch whiz-bang high-res graphics or a perfect interface (though in all truth, Arcanum's interface isn't that bad if you bother looking at the keyboard shortcuts and looking through the manual), you may want to pass on it.

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Bah! There aren't as many bugs as people keep going on about *cough*Jinxed*cough*. Get the patches, they fix many problems and issues (apparently). I've had a pretty good run with Arcanum though, and I think it's a great roleplaying game. Get it.

4. peanutboy

peanutboy New Member

hey if your looking for a great rpg choose
    arcanum
    as for the bugs ive almost compleated it and have found none
    happy christmas

Our Host!