szegediner gulasch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chryssalis, Dec 8, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Chryssalis

Chryssalis New Member

1 package (1 pound) whole-wheat mone levels, adrenal exhaustion, heart disease, memory loss, and to maximize muscle gains, but you can still benefit from Ultimate and the muscle building power it produces
    As I mentioned a chapter or two back, keeping protein higher is turning out to have benefits in cell growth, and normal blood clotting. The Only Multiple Orgasm & Sexual Performance
    transcription of aXenopus5S RNA gene. acids, ligands can be coated onto the sur- be taken into account when analyzing
    ovirus for selective treatment of cancer,Cancer the range of promoters bound by HSF and and subunit interactions within tetrameric

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Gloves do add damage - at least some of them do. Where the gloves stats are listed, that's where you see the D +x, where x is the extra damage they give when you are fighting without a weapon. The most you can get is +15, that comes off either machined gauntlets or Vendigrothian War Gauntlets...I'm going to try an unarmed character at some point, that +15 damage ain't shabby! Especially when you add in double damage from your strength!

3. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

an unarmed character?!
    i guess it will have to be a mage..

4. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I don't know, it would be weird having a monk type character in arcanum
    BTW: be warned, if someone posts after you, you will be unable to delete the topic. I will have to do it for you. Just thought you should know.

5. randalf

randalf New Member

Hehee...thats good idea.

My half-ogre have nothing weapons because he has hated metal because its so itchy..
    My opinion on that is that´s very good thing because its expands the power to be unarmed...another version when i have warrior monk that doesnt use any weapons he uses he´s all live to learn more from martial arts

6. Mael

Mael New Member

how about speed, weapon speed do count during an attack/turn, so probably going unarmed would do more attacks per round than someone using a weapon with average speed

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I think that unarmed attacks have only an average speed themselves - the balanced sword is almost certainly faster.

Still, there's some nice fatigue damage to be had :smile:.

8. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Pub fights shouldn't end up with people dead though...Especially not ending up with you killing the person you were fighting, and everyone else in the pub because you killed someone who picked on you...

10. Squish

Squish New Member

First off, yes there are gloves/gauntlets that add to unarmed damage. The ones that add the most damage are tech-based though. You can also use certain magic skills like harden hands hands or body of fire if you want to go the magical route instead (sigh I wanted to use body of fire, but it makes you walk/run so slow it gets annoying!)

Also in bar/pub fights I haven't ever had everyone else join in with someone/thing attacks me. Once I kill the barstage and end combat it's all done. This might have to do with level or something though *shrugs*

*edit* oops wrong spell ;P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Squish on 2001-12-08 06:52 ]</font>

11. Just a guy

Just a guy New Member

i had a bar fight, all the other patrons ran screaming "dont hurt me" or something like that. After the fight no one in the bar would talk to me even the bar tender. so i had to kill them too. I REALLY needed a drink, you gotta do what you gotta do.

12. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

you should wait for 1-2 days and they will talk to you again!

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

The bars throughout the game are one of my main sources of income - answer the questions right and 500 gold easy. Of course, you risk running into agents of the Molochean Hand, but you can loot their bodies for some cool stuff...

14. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

or you can have them loot through YOUR body.
    :smile:

15. Maniac

Maniac New Member

500?!!!I know they said they would give me 500gold but I'd only get 20 or lose 20. I need a patch right?

16. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Actually before the patch if you win you get 20gold but if you lose they take 500!!! Not quite fair IMO.

As for martial arts in Arcanum it doesn't fit in this game. Perhaps boxing but definitely not kicking.

17. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

is Sumo considered as a martial art?
    (because it would be funny to watch virgil fighting sumo...
    or yourself)
    :smile:

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Sumo wrestling is for great big fat people. I doubt they'd have it in Arcanum. Let's just leave it at pugilism, because that at least, is realistic :boxing:.

"We will either find a way or make one" - Hannibal

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jarinor on 2001-12-09 15:50 ]</font>

19. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

With a smaller circle, surely you could do Sumo for little fat people. Put some halflings in perma-pants and unleash them!

Any chance of one of your pics for this, Milo? I'd love to see it.

20. Chryssalis

Chryssalis New Member

WEll.. I did in fact know about the gloves that added a damage bomus to you r attack- however it is a poor substitue for a sword at best. What i was proposing was an additional skill ..such as 'hand to hand" next tomelee. I think it would be nice to have schools of magic and tech that complimented that fighting style. I knwo there are some bu tim talking specifically for that"... like having spells like "force punce" or something..basicalyl ehchanting your hands or something. Or"dragon kick"..could be a derivative of the polymorph spell.

THe tech side could have different yet equally effective skills. Perhaps being able to add claws "like wolverines" to a glove..or hydraulic enhancements..or "iron skin grafting". THe possibilities are endles!

YOu could even add locations to compliment the new playstyle..such as some monasteries.. and a grand monk for hand to hahnd mastery.. ( you could enter a sort of mortal combat to prove your worth...or take a pain test..yes...thats it..you must pass several test to be a master....

YOu could also have special silk robes and stuff.. it could be dex based ac..(a nod to d&d.) THese are all just idea of course... i mean.. it could be difficult to balance all this stuff out.. but its certainly fun thihking of this sort of thing.

Our Host!