Venom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blunder, May 28, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Blunder

Blunder New Member

To make cure poison, you need venom and one other thing that don't recall at the moment. The other item is fairly easy to get ahold of, but how do you get venom?

Is venom in the demo? I haven't seen a schematic that has venom in the description so I don't think you can make it and I haven't seen it for sale in any of the stores yet. Though if you wait long enough, some interesting items start to pop up on the shelves. Can you get venom from a monster? I have searched things like the putrid rats, the venom hounds and the spiders, basically anything that has been able to poison me, and I haven't found a monster where this is a treasure item of sorts. I haven't come across any poisonous snakes yet though.

2. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

In all my travels I have never found venom, but I don't really care considering that you can get Heal poison relativley easily

3. Blunder

Blunder New Member

I have found that Virg's cure poison spell doesn't work on my char as well as it used to now that I'm getting up in tech and I haven't been putting a lot of CPs into CON. Being able to create some cure poison techie item would be nice to do. :smile:

4. Bad Buck

Bad Buck New Member

Blunder if you go to my site there is a piccy of the scem that tells you what you need and you can get both items in the shops in shrouded hills...
    I have made cure poison b4 there is a piccy of it in the items section as well.

5. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Its because of your tech apt, the more tech you are the less magic does to you

6. Spook

Spook New Member

The shops have random stuff each day, and some day if you are lucky the herbalist (i think) has some poison.
    As a matter of fact she probably has most stuff you want to make drugs/medicine, if you just wait untill she get it. :grin:

7. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Yeah but you gotta check in every single day

8. Spook

Spook New Member

If you are a tech it is worth it, since you get other stuff that you can make things from and sell.
    And don´t forgett to visit the halfling and tech trader as they get some stuff you can use as well.

If you just have enough time you could buy anything you want by the time you leave town. :grin:

9. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

10. Spook

Spook New Member

Does anyone know if there is a timelimit to the game?

11. Calis

Calis Member

Spook: A few minor sidequests have timelimits, but none are in the main storyline.

12. Blunder

Blunder New Member

The demo doesn't appear to have any kind of a time limit. I never played either of the betas so I can't help there. :sad:

13. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

Calis what do you talking about? There is time limit! You have to finish before Arcanum 2 is released. :grin:

14. Spook

Spook New Member

How many times?

And the right answar is ....
    As many times as possible. :grin:

15. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

You have to be like me who beat fot 8 times through but its only with Arcanum right?

16. Spook

Spook New Member

Well, I actualy takes FOT in small doses. :grin:

I´m still working myself through it, mission by mission, with some time betwen the missions. I realy think it get a bit boring with only battle and no RP, so I play it a bit when I want to massacre something. :wink:

17. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

All games are meant to be enjoyable in their own way. Games like FOT are meant to be taken in small doses or it geets boring.

18. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Heh well I beat fot 8 times through and no patch, finally uninstalled it and focusing on arcanum

Our Host!